[SOLVED] Cpu rising to temps 50C and up on boot and crashing BSOD

Nov 2, 2018
I'm using a hand-me-down pc that I got in May 2018. It is about 2.5 years old.
It has been running great until last week, while I was playing a game and running a couple other programs (Spotify, internet browser, etc), my pc started lagging like crazy and then I got the Windows Blue screen error: WHEA Uncorrectable Error.

Now I can barely even boot into windows before I get the blue screen crash. I booted and went into bios and saw, seconds after startup my cpu was climbing to 50-60C before I shut it down. With the case open, i can feel heat radiating off the back of the motherboard where the cpu is.

After it cooled down, I unplugged everything, cleaned the whole case with compressed air, and swapped out psu since I had a spare 1000W gold evga with new cables. I also removed the heatsink from the cpu, removed the old thermal paste, and applied new thermal paste. I haven't bothered replugging in the gpu (gigabyte 980Ti) since my mobo has on board graphics. I plug the hdmi from my monitor directly into the mobo to get a display.

Both my 2 case fans and the 2 radiator fans run. The NZXT Kraken cooler lights up like normal. I never noticed there being a noise (I'm not that attentive I guess) before, but the pump does not make any noise and I don't feel any "vibrations" when i put my hand on the pump.

So i'm thinking the cooler pump that connects to the cpu might be dead, however, I don't have a stock heat sink to test the cpu/mobo with. My big issue is that I don't have a ton of money to spend on this. I am wondering if the cooler is the first thing I should think about replacing/if its even worth it/etc.

Also, how do I know for sure that my pump is dead?

Case: NZXT (not sure what model)
AIO : NZXT Kraken (not sure what model I think it is the x52)
CPU: Intel Core i7-4790K Devil's Canyon Quad-Core 4.0 GHz
MOBO: MSI Z97A GAMING 9 ACK
RAM: 16 GB DDR3n(G.Skill Sniper)
PSU: EVGA 1000W gold
Samsung 850 Evo 500 GB SSD

Solution
According to that video. connection to CPU_Fan header is just to red pump speed and power is provided thru SATA power connector. Should be able to read pump speed in BIOS and SW.
Nov 2, 2018

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5ZsZnnOX_mo
so this is basically how its installed on my mobo. I have all the wires from the ports connected the same way that I had them the few months it was running. The pump power cable is connected to the CPU fan1 header which should be a 12V source. I have tried to place it in the other CPU fan headers to see if that specific port was the issue but it doesn't run for all. I actually bought a $30 Coolermaster hyper 212 evo that supposed to come on sunday. If thats the problem I'll find out then, if it still doesn't work I'll just keep it to use on the next build i guess.