[SOLVED] Cpu temp 65degree celsius under 20-30% load.Is this normal? Amd x4 840

TenjuSensei

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017
I have an AMD X4 840 Quad core processor, i installed speecy to check some of my parts for sale, but then i saw on speccy it's 100 degrees cpu temperature, i didnt really believe it so i downloaded Core Temp and it shows max 65 degrees on like 40% load, it really varies the load goes from 20% to 40% to 50% and then to 10% and it just goes round and round like that.
But the temp stays the sime most of the time.
I dont know what is going on the rpm is 3500.
Here is the screenshot
View: https://imgur.com/a/jfkbFAN

Solution
It might be reporting temps as thermal margins. I have an old build with an X4 880K that does that.

Thermal margin essentially means how many degrees you have left until it gets too hot. With a thermal margin of 60, that means you've 60 degrees left until it shuts down or throttles.

Try downloading AMD Overdrive software, and see what it says regarding temps.
Dec 24, 2019
It might be reporting temps as thermal margins. I have an old build with an X4 880K that does that.

Thermal margin essentially means how many degrees you have left until it gets too hot. With a thermal margin of 60, that means you've 60 degrees left until it shuts down or throttles.

Solution

TenjuSensei

Honorable
Aug 8, 2017

Thank you for using AMD OverDrive. This tool is no longer supported or available for download.
Any other software?
Edit:
I downloaded it from a second source, and its show off as Thermal Margin, it seems u are right, can i somehow check the real temperature?I dont quite really understand this sorry,