[SOLVED] CPU temp is 80-90 on Dell Optiplex 3070

Feb 9, 2022
Hello, what is the best or budget CPU cooler for a Dell Optiplex 3070 ?

The stock cooler is making so much noise like airplane. Can I also add one more 80/92mm, or can I mod the case ?

Solution
Have you opened up the case and cleaned the dust off the CPU fan/heatsink?

The hole pattern on the cooler looks to be standard (surprisingly). Make sure you measure the height between the CPU and the drive bay before you buy a cooler.

Regarding adding more fans: You'll first need to verify that the motherboard actually has an empty fan header to plug said fan into. If not (and if the rear panel fan header is standard 4-pin) you could use a fan splitter cable. From there, best bet is going to be to drill a hole in the side panel to mount a fan to.

Do you have the SFF or tower version.

desktop-optiplex-3070-t-sff-mlk-pdp-mod7.jpg

The hole pattern on the cooler looks to be standard (surprisingly). Make sure you measure the height between the CPU and the drive bay before you buy a cooler.

Regarding adding more fans: You'll first need to verify that the motherboard actually has an empty fan header to plug said fan into. If not (and if the rear panel fan header is standard 4-pin) you could use a fan splitter cable. From there, best bet is going to be to drill a hole in the side panel to mount a fan to.

Last edited:
Solution
Feb 9, 2022

im just dont understand mine was i5-9500 have 4gb ddr4 2666mhz ram 1 TB HDD i just changed 4gb ram to 16 gb ram also added 1050ti 4gb with no external power why cpu is rising 80-90 temp in this video youtube they place the stock cooler is they didnt get also 80-90 temp? im so confused