CPU Temp test

Sep 14, 2018
Alright, I dont get it. My i5 is on 100°C idle. I know that I did a mistake installing the fan but I haven't fixed it yet because I want to know why my cpu is still working fine and even running heavy duty while maintaining the same temperature

Solution
The CPU can still function while throttling down to the lowest dynamic frequency of 800MHz while at the max temp of 100C. If you continue to run your CPU at 100C you won't have a fully functioning CPU for very long.
Sep 14, 2018
Mistake was I put all of my old parts on a motherboard but I neither clipped the heat sink correctly nor did I apply thermal paste.
I am more than sure that it is 100°C (HWMonitor)
And basically yes that's my question, why is it still running quite normally (with normal speed) when the temp is that hot

I, as well as others, are sitting here like, "You can't be serious!?"

It doesn't matter why it seems to run normally. The fact is you must reinstall the CPU cooler and use thermal paste and fasten the cooler correctly.

Sep 14, 2018

I'm 100% serious, All I care about is why it seems to run normally, after more than a week of it being on (around 10hrs a day, 10hrs idle). I know what to do to fix it and in fact that was not part of my question.