Question CPU Temperature and Frequency spikes (AMD)

Frigozzo

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
Up until a few days ago my cpu would run normal(38-42 celcius degrees, 3200-3400MHz in idle), but yesterday for some reason it started having spikes in temperature and frequency(40-70 degrees, more than 4400MHz in idle). Now i know it isn't really a big deal, but i really don't like it. Also while trying to fix this. i found out that in the bios, the settings for overclocking where set to auto instead of disabled(i think it's default). and i reset all bios setting. I also tried to reinstall nvidia drivers(as i saw that many people solved by doing this) and i changed the thermal paste, and although the problem is mitigated, it still happens, does anybody know how to fix this? Also because today i think my cpu tempature was detected as over 90 and the pc restarted.

Components:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: GTX 970 Windforce trio
MotherBoard: Rog Strix x570-E Gaming
PSU: Corsair RM850
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x53

Up until a few days ago my cpu would run normal(38-42 celcius degrees, 3200-3400MHz in idle), but yesterday for some reason it started having spikes in temperature and frequency(40-70 degrees, more than 4400MHz in idle). Now i know it isn't really a big deal, but i really don't like it. Also while trying to fix this. i found out that in the bios, the settings for overclocking where set to auto instead of disabled(i think it's default). and i reset all bios setting. I also tried to reinstall nvidia drivers(as i saw that many people solved by doing this) and i changed the thermal paste, and although the problem is mitigated, it still happens, does anybody know how to fix this? Also because today i think my cpu tempature was detected as over 90 and the pc restarted.

Components:
CPU: Ryzen 9 5900x
GPU: GTX 970 Windforce trio
MotherBoard: Rog Strix x570-E Gaming
PSU: Corsair RM850
Cooler: NZXT Kraken x53
One thing. CPU and BIOS don't do anything by themselves and BOS doesn't change any settings on it's own. operating system decides what to ask of a CPU. (GPU and other parts as well).
So if you get sudden spikes in CPU and other's usage , it's because there's something running in the background.

Frigozzo

Commendable
Jul 22, 2021
One thing. CPU and BIOS don't do anything by themselves and BOS doesn't change any settings on it's own. operating system decides what to ask of a CPU. (GPU and other parts as well).
So if you get sudden spikes in CPU and other's usage , it's because there's something running in the background.
Yeah i know, i'm just stating the fact that overclock was set to enabled in bios(instead of auto, which is default setting, i checked earlier), when i never changed the setting. Also there isn't anything in background that would require that much power, from what i saw, unless the antivirus counts but i doubt it requires that much