Question CPU temperature stops rising at 75C

Nov 6, 2019
Hi i tried to test my cooler performance and faced with an issue.
When i start prime(or start rendering) the temperature of my Ryzen 1700x start to rise until it reach 75C (in hwmonitor or ryzen master utility) and it freezes(temperature, not PC). PC continue to working.
BTW bios has offset +20C to actual CPU temperature. So, temperature of cpu is capped at 75C(ryzen master) and 95c(motherboard utility)

My motherboard is asrock b450 fatal1ty itx/ac.

WTH is happening to the temperature? Does it mean that cpu start throttle at 75? Is therea way to check it?

Is there a way to increase temperature at which cpu start throtle? I think 85C would be better option. At the moment i cant even figure out will the cpu temperuture reach 85C. It just stopped at 75C. Even if i stop the cpu fan it will not get over 75.

Nov 6, 2019
Cpu starts to throttle at 75c(rysen master/hw monitor) and 95c(mb utility)

I found out that 20C offset is "extra protection" which is made by mb manufacturers, because AMD asks them to do so. But, i do believe that its too early to throttle at 75c actual temperature. My old laptop reaches 81-82 under full load without throttling, but it has intel.

Nov 6, 2019
Today i found the option in asrock bios - cpu temperature limit. I set it to manual and typed 105.
This has no effect. Cpu still start throling at 95(75 real). Then i tried to set it to 80c... No effect. I'm run out of ideas. :((

I found out that 20C offset is "extra protection" which is made by mb manufacturers, because AMD asks them to do so.
I have never heard this nor have i experienced this personally. I have seen my old 1200 get to over 85c without throttling when i was using a lot of voltage on the stock cooler.

This theory does make some sense since the CPU is throttling at exactly 20c below its 95c throttle temp. Try flashing the latest bios revision. This may help if this is the case.

Nov 6, 2019
I have never heard this nor have i experienced this personally. I have seen my old 1200 get to over 85c without throttling when i was using a lot of voltage on the stock cooler.

This theory does make some sense since the CPU is throttling at exactly 20c below its 95c throttle temp. Try flashing the latest bios revision. This may help if this is the case.

Maybe this offset is used for x-series only. I get this info from internet and as official answer from Asrock support on my email.

Changing bios do not make any sense. I still believe there should be a way to change throttling temp in the bios... So strange that the manual option "temperature limit" is not working. Maybe there is some other option which somehow override it :/