Feb 2, 2023
My CPU and Cooler: Lian Li Galahad 240mm + 10700k

After noticing that I was running extremely high temps, such as high 80s and 90s while gaming, I decided to change the positioning of my radiator from what's labeled as "Okay" in the image, to what's labeled as "Better" in the image.

y9ryj84v7qz51.png

After making the change, I turned on my computer only to notice even HIGHER CPU temperatures. Upon startup the computer was running at 75-80 degrees, so I checked if the pump was mounted properly, and I reseated it just in case. I also checked if the pump and tubes were working, and they were as I felt vibration on the tubes and the pump. The pump is also shown to be running at 3300 RPM in the bios. I turned off the computer for the night thinking that maybe the coolant needs to settle or something, and this morning, I turned on the PC to check the temps. The temps upon startup were significantly lower and were about 40-45C. I then opened up FIFA 23 to test the temps under load, and before I wouldn't usually exceed 80 degrees while playing, but now the temperature suddenly shot up to 95C. I closed the game and the CPU temps slowly got lower over a span of around 5 minutes and reduced to about 45-50C. I don't know what the issue is, because the pump and tubes are running, and if the AIO failed, why did this happen so suddenly? The temps were not acting like this just one day ago. I'm going to use the warranty on the Galahad 240 and get a new one, and then see it out, but what is the problem here?

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

Make and model of your case and the orientation of the fans on the radiator for your AIO? What about the rest of the fans in your case, how are they oriented? Maybe power down the system, remove the AIO from the system, have the pump dangling below the radiator and then shake the pump assembly to dislodge any air that might be in the loop. The reservoir at the top of the radiator(not where the tubes come out) should catch the air in the loop.

Did you reapply thermal paste in case the block was taken off the the top of CPU's IHS?

Feb 2, 2023

Make and model of your case and the orientation of the fans on the radiator for your AIO? What about the rest of the fans in your case, how are they oriented? Maybe power down the system, remove the AIO from the system, have the pump dangling below the radiator and then shake the pump assembly to dislodge any air that might be in the loop. The reservoir at the top of the radiator(not where the tubes come out) should catch the air in the loop.

Did you reapply thermal paste in case the block was taken off the the top of CPU's IHS?

CASE: Lian Li O11 Dynamic Mini
Fans on the radiator are oriented as intake fans
Yes, thermal paste was applied.
Thanks for the suggestion, will do. But will the air also explain the weird behavior?

Feb 2, 2023

I tried this out, I removed it, and then shook the pump, but nothing changed. Is there anything else I should try?

Phaaze88

Titan
Ambassador
It's likely clogged up. This eventually happens to all these coolers - if one doesn't experience mechanical pump failure first.
There are chemicals in the premixed coolant to delay galvanic corrosion and organic build up, but they do expire, after which it's just a matter of time.

Sometimes the manufacturer screws up in completely cleaning the loop before filling with premix and shipping the unit out to retail, or their water source is compromised.

TRENDING THREADS