[SOLVED] CPU Temps increasing overtime with AIO

Jun 10, 2020
Hey everyone! I recently got an Arctic Freezer 240 AIO which is working great, but over time I have noticed that temps have started to increase during idle and gaming. Now before I go any further, I'd like to mention that the AIO cable that powers the whole thing is slightly damaged, it has a rip and to be perfectly honest I'm not sure how it happened. It may have gotten stuck somewhere on the motherboard and when I pulled it out it ripped, but either way its damaged. So, my idle used to be 25C-31C and gaming would never really go over 40C. Now, my idle is around 35C-38C, and also sometimes jumps to 41C. Gaming slightly increased to 41C-43C. These aren't huge increases, but I'm pretty confused and a bit upset. Does anyone know why this would be happening? Also, if it helps to mention, there is only 1 cable for the whole AIO. Thank you in advance!

CPU: Ryzen 5 2600X OCed to 3.8GHz
AIO: Arctic Liquid Freezer II 240
Motherboard: Asus B450-F ROG Strix

Solution
I'm thinking the cable is either connected or it isn't and if the AIO is working I think it's connected.....so I don't think it's the cable.

It may be something as simple as...the pump is just not spinning as fast as it used to due to age.

It may be a slight buildup of debris in the lines etc causing resistance.

It may be the fans aren't spinning as fast as they used to.

It may be air in the system.

It may be dust in the radiator.....etc.
I'm thinking the cable is either connected or it isn't and if the AIO is working I think it's connected.....so I don't think it's the cable.

It may be something as simple as...the pump is just not spinning as fast as it used to due to age.

Solution
Jun 10, 2020

I see. The pump is only a few months old so I doubt its because of age. Pump speed isn't controllable, but I set the general AIO setting to PWM Mode in BIOS. And fans are spinning at a constant 1700RPM. So maybe its debris/air?? Oh, and as Im typing this my CPU temp is 47C. The game isn't even CPU intensive. So, is there anything I should do?

Well...the other thing is....all the temps you have stated are good temps.

They might not be as low as they were...but they are still good.

Your gaming temps is super low.

So you really don't HAVE to do anything.

I probably would just keep and eye one it for a while.

Jun 10, 2020
Well...the other thing is....all the temps you have stated are good temps.

They might not be as low as they were...but they are still good.

Your gaming temps is super low.

So you really don't HAVE to do anything.

I probably would just keep and eye one it for a while.
yeah your right. I was hoping for some more consistent temps since I payed more than a standard tower cooler. Thanks for the help! I'll eventually clean all the dust/debris thats in the rad and fans. And if there is air in the system, I'll do the thing where you tip your PC/put it on its side.