Question CPU under performing

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.

amesj399

Prominent
Jun 7, 2018
I have a pc that I built a while ago and I was trying to figure out why my cpu is under performing.
I ran userbenchmark and it says that the same cpu in other systems is in the 56% but mine is down at 18%. My bios says the the cpu is only at 35 degrees. Power settings set to performance. If you need any other info leave a message I'll reply.
Computer spec:
Cpu- AMD FX-8350 with a coolermaster air cooler
MB- MSI 990fxa
gpu- Nvidia 1050 ti
https://www.userbenchmark.com/UserRun/21851516 my benchmark

Last edited:
Was there a setting you overlooked earlier
Or did you do a quick overclock?

If it was a Oc definitely stress test.

Most of the times I have worked with someone user userbenchmark and had the check there ram and make changes it usually shows there ram running at there rated speed. So that so is 1 question I still wondering about is why it's still showing 800 instead of the 1600.

Another point to bring up is if you are running userbenchmark from the usb stick
You have in thats not going to help.

And true userbenchmark is not the best for gaging a system but if read right can give some insight to what is not performing.

Reactions: Phaaze88

amesj399

Prominent
Jun 7, 2018
Was there a setting you overlooked earlier
Or did you do a quick overclock?

If it was a Oc definitely stress test.

Most of the times I have worked with someone user userbenchmark and had the check there ram and make changes it usually shows there ram running at there rated speed. So that so is 1 question I still wondering about is why it's still showing 800 instead of the 1600.

Another point to bring up is if you are running userbenchmark from the usb stick
You have in thats not going to help.

And true userbenchmark is not the best for gaging a system but if read right can give some insight to what is not performing.

The benchmark isn't ran from the usb. The usb has the bios update I have saved to it that's it's only purpose. And yea it was a just a quick OC and I stress tested it after the previous post I had. I need to double check why the ram is showing 800 instead of 1600.

amesj399

Prominent
Jun 7, 2018
How far do you think I should push my OC and do you recommend anything specific for a stability test?
I just ran prime95 for an hour and double checked no cores failed.
I had the OC at 4.6 ghz and backed it down to 4.5

On my 8350 I didn't want to push the extra voltage that it would have taken to jump the wall I hit at 4.7ghz
And backed it back down to 4.6ghz for a 24/7 oc.

Using p95 as you are is good I let it run for overnight or about 8 hrs on the blend tests but followed up with Occt for about the same amount of time.
Asus realbench is another good 1.
You can set it to stress with settings from 15m to 8hrs and use half the amount of ram you have so 8gb use 4, 16gb use 8.

amesj399

Prominent
Jun 7, 2018
I think I am going to keep it at 4.5 using p95 it was getting close to 70c so I am going to keep default voltage running at 4.5. It stays below 70c and just kinda sits at the temp. Idle temps are a little higher than I like but it should be fine until I do my next build. This a build I made like 4 years ago tore apart then rebuilt as a gift to my brother for LoL and Rust.