Aug 7, 2024
My current build looks like this. MB: B550 GPU: RTX4070 CPU: Ryzen 5700X RAM: 16GBx2 DDR4 OS: Win11 Home PSU: 750W

Been wanting to upgrade my CPU for a while since I play CPU heavy games eg Tarkov, Helldivers, Hell let loose, RTS.

Ideally, I would go for a 7800X3D but it costs around 800USD with tax and conversion rate included for where I live and most retail stores I personally trust has ran out of stock. Not to mention swapping out the MB, RAM and perhaps the CPU cooler comes with an additional cost.

On the other hand, 5700X3D is like 300-400USD with no need to swap out other components (I think).

Is this a logical and a reasonable upgrade? Or am I being stupid here? If I were to buy a 7800X3D, I’d like to make a 2nd PC from scratch and use my current pc for my work/business work station.

Thx for taking your time reading and sorry for the long post.

Lutfij

Titan
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

for where I live and most retail stores I personally trust has ran out of stock.
Where do you live? I would look into the 5800x3D if they aren't pricey then again, I don't see any need for your to upgrade your platform.

What sort of ram do you have on your build?

Aug 7, 2024
Welcome to the forums, newcomer!

for where I live and most retail stores I personally trust has ran out of stock.
Where do you live? I would look into the 5800x3D if they aren't pricey then again, I don't see any need for your to upgrade your platform.

What sort of ram do you have on your build?
Japan. I couldn’t find a brand new 5800X3D. There are few brand news sold by scalpers which they sell higher than than 7800X3D.

My RAM config is 16GB DDR4 3200Mhz x2.