[SOLVED] CPU usage at 90-100% and GPU usage at around 30% when gaming

Aug 1, 2019
I've been noticing that my Gtx 1060 3gb doesn't have a high usage in games while my cpu reaches 100% quickly in most games, Is that a problem? I can play most games on pretty good graphics quality, but am afraid that this can cause drops in fps.
Any info about this?

Solution
There would have to be - as the Intel processors (unless the model number ends in F) have integrated graphics, so the motherboard has at least one video output.... then your 1060 would definitely have multiple outputs.

Maybe a clear photo showing the entire back of your system would help.

Or, this might help as a reference, though not all systems will look the same as this (different ports, somewhat different positioning, etc). The ones with the red X over them are the integrated graphics.

aalvocflqu00.jpg
temp is too low. are you sure it working at the 3Ghz?
not really if he has a good liquid cooler it wont hardly touch the cpu temps with that cpu, however it sounds like the the computer is set to economical save power not to use as much power as it can, set you PC to performance. here is what i mean

View: https://imgur.com/tFGG5Yg

may help and you can also set you gpu to the main rendering option on everything so CPU does it's job and GPU does everything else basically basically sounds like it's using you cpu's onboard apu to do everything instead of the gpu

Aug 1, 2019
The CPU was reaching 70 degrees before i upgraded my cooler and right now the CPU is at 3.30 GHz, so it is working how it should.
My powerplan is at High Performance.
may help and you can also set you gpu to the main rendering option on everything so CPU does it's job and GPU does everything else basically basically sounds like it's using you cpu's onboard apu to do everything instead of the gpu
How can I set the GPU to main rendering?

King_V

Illustrious
Ambassador
There would have to be - as the Intel processors (unless the model number ends in F) have integrated graphics, so the motherboard has at least one video output.... then your 1060 would definitely have multiple outputs.

Or, this might help as a reference, though not all systems will look the same as this (different ports, somewhat different positioning, etc). The ones with the red X over them are the integrated graphics.

aalvocflqu00.jpg

Solution
Aug 1, 2019

image.jpg

Couldn't figure out how to post a picture of my own from my phone, well, that's my pc's back. My first monitor is plugged in the third slot from the left)(in the row under the colored jacks) and my second one is in the big thingy just under that