[SOLVED] Crackling Through Microphone While In Voice Call

Frederick_9

Reputable
May 11, 2016
Hi!

I am experiencing an issue with my mic setup where sometimes there will be a crackling noise that is merged with my voice. It would go away after some time.

The setup is
A Rode Procaster
A Cloudlifter CL-1
Scarlett 2i2
and 2 Hosa XLR cables
and the scarlett is connected via usb to my computer
(everything brand new)

I am not too sure what is causing the crackling noise.

Thanks for the help!

Solution
Have you installed the latest audio drivers? If you have, check your microphone (Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Manage Audio Devices>Recording>Enhancements) to make sure enhancements are turned off. Once you have done this try it again and see if it is clear. If the problem persists install the latest Realtek drivers and go back to the enhancements tab. Once there, turn on enhancements and then turn on noise suppression. This worked for me.

Ziferous

Reputable
Feb 18, 2017
Have you installed the latest audio drivers? If you have, check your microphone (Control Panel>Hardware & Sound>Manage Audio Devices>Recording>Enhancements) to make sure enhancements are turned off. Once you have done this try it again and see if it is clear. If the problem persists install the latest Realtek drivers and go back to the enhancements tab. Once there, turn on enhancements and then turn on noise suppression. This worked for me.

Solution