Prinex

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
Hello, you nice people! :)

I have just recently assembled my pc and i keep running into problems when playing games..
either the game is lagging/freezing or it simply crashes.
I have tried to update all drivers, i have done a reinstall of windows, i have triede to increase the power to the GPU.. And now im at a dead end. I cant figure out what the problem is.

I was thinking that my PSU was not sufficient, but as far as i can tell, it should be.
Then i started thinking that maybe i have gotten a faulty GPU, it also runs quite hot, hitting around 90 when under load, even when i set the fan speed to 100%.

I hope you can help :)

Specs:
MOBO: Asus TUF B450 plus gaming
GPU: sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro+
CPU: Amd ryzen 5 3600
PSU: Seasonic m12ii evo edition 620w
RAM: corsair vengeance 3200 mhz 16 gb
SSD 240 gb
Nvme m2 SSD 1 tb
CPU COOLER: Corsair h100x

Vic 40

Titan
Ambassador
Lets first say to update the bios to latest version. After that lets see if it helps ,if not might psu still be a thing since older design and maybe not able to handle modern systems and how they draw power.

Could be ram as well,but first update bios.

Hello, you nice people! :)

I have just recently assembled my pc and i keep running into problems when playing games..
either the game is lagging/freezing or it simply crashes.
I have tried to update all drivers, i have done a reinstall of windows, i have triede to increase the power to the GPU.. And now im at a dead end. I cant figure out what the problem is.

I was thinking that my PSU was not sufficient, but as far as i can tell, it should be.
Then i started thinking that maybe i have gotten a faulty GPU, it also runs quite hot, hitting around 90 when under load, even when i set the fan speed to 100%.

I hope you can help :)

Specs:
MOBO: Asus TUF B450 plus gaming
GPU: sapphire rx 5700 xt nitro+
CPU: Amd ryzen 5 3600
PSU: Seasonic m12ii evo edition 620w
RAM: corsair vengeance 3200 mhz 16 gb
SSD 240 gb
Nvme m2 SSD 1 tb
CPU COOLER: Corsair h100x

Those GPU temps sound high.... that graphics card has good reviews and they say the cooler is good (see Toms review):
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/sapphire-nitro-rx-5700-xt/4

Temps on there are only 65C under a heavy gaming load.... do you have any case fans? I wonder if there isn't sufficient airflow in your case...

Reactions: Vic 40

Prinex

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
Lets first say to update the bios to latest version. After that lets see if it helps ,if not might psu still be a thing since older design and maybe not able to handle modern systems and how they draw power.

Could be ram as well,but first update bios.

I have updated the BIOS, i just forgot to mention it, but it did not help..

Prinex

Distinguished
Mar 24, 2014
Those GPU temps sound high.... that graphics card has good reviews and they say the cooler is good (see Toms review):
https://www.tomshardware.com/uk/reviews/sapphire-nitro-rx-5700-xt/4

Temps on there are only 65C under a heavy gaming load.... do you have any case fans? I wonder if there isn't sufficient airflow in your case...
Yeah, i also saw that review, that is one the reasons i purchased that model, and also cause it looks nice :)
I have 3 intake fans in the front, 1 exhaust in the back and then i use my cpu cooler as an exhaust in the top.