Question Crashing related to 4090

Aug 15, 2024
I have a i9-13900K, and my main GPU is a ASUS TUF 4090. While using the 4090 I’ve been running into the same crash for months and WhoCrashed gives me this error code:

msdn bugcheck video_dxgkrnl_livedump

I do realize this isn’t technically a real error code but this is all the info I have related to the crash. If anyone knows how I can further look into this advice is welcome and appreciated.

What I find odd about this is that I do not run into any issues at all when I use my old 3080.
I have RMA’d the 4090 in the hopes that the issue was related to the hardware. Alas the issue is still occurring. Happy to provide any other info :D

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Your cpu might also be coincidentally now going through dramas 13th/14th gen are having atm, if you were not aware of that.

Bios update to address the issue + replacing cpu under warranty is what you probably might want to consider if things don't improve. Depending how long you've had the cpu for, the degradation might not be as severe and bios might help on it's own albeit is a progressive situation and will only get worse if you don't do something about it asap.

Last edited: