[Crawl] Necromutation & Hunger

Do I actually get any hungrier while Necromutated? Lichs can't eat
after all, and I don't even see how stuffed/hungry my normal form is
while mutated, so I'm wondering whether I could suddenly find myself
starving/starved when the mutation ends after a long time.

(I was reminded of this when trying to find the answer to the
Lich+ring of regeneration question in the source, where it quite
wrongly states that "... you can detransform any time you like".)

--
Tina the Cleaver - an Elder of the Regrettably Neglectful Grave

In article <MSGID_2=3A240=2F2199.13=40fidonet_29f280b8@fidonet.org>,
Tina Hall <Tina_Hall@kruemel.org> wrote:
// Do I actually get any hungrier while Necromutated? Lichs can't eat
// after all, and I don't even see how stuffed/hungry my normal form is
// while mutated, so I'm wondering whether I could suddenly find myself
// starving/starved when the mutation ends after a long time.

You can't see your food status because it's contantly being reset by
the exact same mechanism as mummies.

// (I was reminded of this when trying to find the answer to the
// Lich+ring of regeneration question in the source, where it quite
// wrongly states that "... you can detransform any time you like".)

You can detransform any time you like... you're always capable (no
restrictions other than being transformed), and the ability never fails.
Thus, it was unreasonable to make Airwalk have a zero hunger rate for the
simple reason that the character can't eat... if they got hungry they have
more than enough time to become solid and eat something. Players that
allow their character dissolve into nothing almost certainly deserved it.
Of course, this is pointless because Airwalk is completely broken and
probably should be removed (I think the only reason I haven't done it
is that it's an easy way to drop the entire inventory in debug mode).

Brent Ross