[SOLVED] Critical Process Died BSOD

S0ha@il

Prominent
Jan 30, 2020
Hey everyone,
I am an Asian so my English is little poor... this issue i faced today is that i cleaned my pc from dust and after that i started my pc after setting everything... when i was at desktop my pc soddenly froze.. i cant move my mouse cursor cant use keyboard , I literally cant do anything.. then a BSOD appears saying Critical Process Died.. after that my pc restarts but my SSD was not detecting... then I removed the case and remove the SATA cable from the motherboard , cleaned it with some my breath or mouth air or whatever you say about the outcoming air from the mouth, after that i plugged in the SATA cable in the port very carefully... now everything is fine.. windows is working properly, i have ran SFC scan, DISM scans and chkdsk scan...
I just want to ask that why i was faced that error... was that a virus? or loose SATA cable or something else... and i have checked my SSD health with HD sentinel and its 100%... pls tell me should i worry about this or not???

Solution
Critical Process errors can be caused by many things. Unless you can repeat the process and pinpoint the cause of error there's not much you can do. Most people will refresh their windows in most cases, and start troubleshooting hardware faults if it continues. In your case I wouldn't worry too much atm, if replugging the sata fixed your issue. I have had a couple storage devices give me the same problem before when they were starting to fail. I recommend you backup important files just in case. Otherwise if it's working now, you shouldn't worry too much.

Andy11466

Distinguished
Mar 21, 2013
Critical Process errors can be caused by many things. Unless you can repeat the process and pinpoint the cause of error there's not much you can do. Most people will refresh their windows in most cases, and start troubleshooting hardware faults if it continues. In your case I wouldn't worry too much atm, if replugging the sata fixed your issue. I have had a couple storage devices give me the same problem before when they were starting to fail. I recommend you backup important files just in case. Otherwise if it's working now, you shouldn't worry too much.

Solution

S0ha@il

Prominent
Jan 30, 2020
yup its working fine and SSD is working perfectly... and don't worry if the SSD got destroyed , I have another one in my cupboard...!!! but i think everything is fine now... that was just a loose connection between SATA cable and SATA port that got messed up during the cleaning process, & that was fixed after re plugging the SATA cable.. I hope everything will go well now!! well thanks for the reply bro..! I will not worry about this anymore!!!