Crysis 2's 3D is ''the Same as Avatar''

Status
Not open for further replies.

Darkerson

Distinguished
Oct 28, 2009
"James Cameron has seen Crysis 2, and he loved what he saw because his eyes are trained for 3D more than anyone else..."

I couldn't help but laugh at that part!

N.Broekhuijsen

Distinguished
Jun 17, 2009
[citation][nom]darkerson[/nom]"James Cameron has seen Crysis 2, and he loved what he saw because his eyes are trained for 3D more than anyone else..."I couldn't help but laugh at that part![/citation]
yeah at how pathetically stupidly unbiased that statement is. This article/statement is waaaaay to biased.

Trialsking

Distinguished
Mar 2, 2007
[citation][nom]JOSHSKORN[/nom]So the new gag at Toms should be "Can it play Crysis 2 IN 3D?"Unfortunately, the whole 3D experience won't really take off for another few years.[/citation]

If we are lucky it will be never take off. Die, 3D, die! Holograms or nothing.

alienzander76

Distinguished
Dec 2, 2010
I am so, dang sick of all this 3D crapphrase industry buzz. It's the same stupid technology that came out in 2000 with the LCD shutter glasses. Yeah, it's 3D but it requires goofy glasses and gives you a migraine just the same. I've been trying to get the "experience" everytime i'm in a store showcasing 3D TVs and such and it's a huge gimmick. The image is fuzzy and if you move your head 2 inches to the side the whole picture goes out of whack. I agree trialsking, I hope this fad dies the same death that VR did so many years back.

G

3D in movies is also primitive.

One of the characteristics of 3D is the concept of a focal plane. You focus on an object, the foreground and the background go fuzzy and are slightly doubled, and that's what your brain expects. Your eyes move from object to object, refocusing as needed depending upon its distance.

However, with current 3D technologies, you can't do that. The focal plane is what the director and editors decide it is, for the duration of that scene. Your eyes CAN'T move from object to object and refocus; you can't glance around the scene to look at interesting parts of the setting and get a proper sense of depth. In essence, the director has decided where in the scene you get to have a proper 3D experience, and your eyes can't engage in a natural scanning behavior.

The alternative is to render 3D objects so they are all in the same focal plane. You can then look at whatever you want and get the 3D depth-effect, but it won't look right because you don't get that foreground/background blurring; everything is always in sharp focus. The object you're looking at is in 3D, but the overall scene lacks depth.

3D video is a long, long way from properly simulating real 3D environments.

segio526

Distinguished
Apr 21, 2010
[citation][nom]trialsking[/nom]If we are lucky it will be never take off. Die, 3D, die! Holograms or nothing.[/citation]
And not holograms in a box at the front of the room, I want holograms that I sit in, where the whole room becomes the movie set...might be tough with the actors walking through the coffee table, but I'm sure they'll figure it out!

Tuguz

Distinguished
Jun 16, 2010
Putting 3D in your products increases sales, regardless of the quality of said product. Thats the current trend I suppose.

Gameplay > Graphics anytime. (for me at least)

not too optimistic from the gameplay footage I've seen but only time will tell I guess.

howiejcee

Distinguished
Nov 14, 2008
Anyone else considering spending around $2k to upgrade/build a new PC just for Crysis 2?

Problem is, I'd also need a good 120Hz+ ~24" LED backlit LCD + polarizing glasses. Maybe the AW2310 is the best option at the moment.

wintelforever

Distinguished
Jan 14, 2011
if we must wear glasses why not incorporate the screen inside the glasses? i would love to sit on a plane with a 720P stereoscopic oled headset.

Status
Not open for further replies.