Crysis 3 Multiplayer Beta Arrives on January 29th

Status
Not open for further replies.

jamoise

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2010
Crysis is no longer the benchmark it used to be, now its made on consoles and ported to PC. no more need for a "but will it run crysis?"

jthill909

Honorable
Nov 6, 2012
[citation][nom]jamoise[/nom]Crysis is no longer the benchmark it used to be, now its made on consoles and ported to PC. no more need for a "but will it run crysis?"[/citation]
Have you not seen the recommended specs to run crysis 3? The recommended gpu's are a 680 or a 7970! So I don't know about you, but that sounds like a pc melter to me.

JJ1217

Honorable
Crysis 1 was much better Crysis 2 for the Single Player. More immersive, and you play the way you want to play. I hope Crysis 3 is more like Crysis, except without really fuzzy bad looking leaves that Crysis 1 had.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]JJ1217[/nom]Crysis 1 was much better Crysis 2 for the Single Player. More immersive, and you play the way you want to play. I hope Crysis 3 is more like Crysis, except without really fuzzy bad looking leaves that Crysis 1 had.[/citation]

The only bad thing that I think was in crysis was the fact that you could fail missions because of the dynamic nature of the game. There was a point where I had to take out a big ship but begin got stuck because the mission objective was underwater and not destroyed. What I hope they do in this game is figure how to make the open world feel of the missions but have the missions progress more linear like, so screw ups like that don't happen.

And so all of you know what the bug that I'm describing was again breaking but because I save data bad time, and I didn't have backup saves. My fault but at the same time it's still a bug

JJ1217

Honorable
[citation][nom]SubtleEndowment[/nom]Ahh I wanted to play, I don't have those kind of specs! Maybe just turn it down to medium/low. Damn.[/citation]

Does crysis 3 even have a medium/low setting? I thought Crysis 2 had a minimum level of high or something :D

neagu

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
Where does this Bow fetish come from? I get Assassin's Creed III has a bow, I can even accept Far Cry 3 bow, but Crysis 3?

What's next, throwing rocks, using blowdarts and slingshots? Could this franchise become even more commercial?

Cryio

Distinguished
Oct 6, 2010
[citation][nom]jamoise[/nom]Crysis is no longer the benchmark it used to be, now its made on consoles and ported to PC. no more need for a "but will it run crysis?"[/citation]

Man, did you at least watch the trailer? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fisfSSa74uQ&oref=http%3A%2F%2Fwww.youtube.com%2Fwatch%3Fv%3DfisfSSa74uQ&has_verified=1

This thing alone shows that Crysis 3 has far better graphics than any other game on the market, and the story really seems to back it this time around. Crysis 2 had a good story too, too bad it took getting to half of the game for anything to start doing something

Novulux

Distinguished
Sep 15, 2011
[citation][nom]neagu[/nom]Where does this Bow fetish come from? I get Assassin's Creed III has a bow, I can even accept Far Cry 3 bow, but Crysis 3? What's next, throwing rocks, using blowdarts and slingshots? Could this franchise become even more commercial?[/citation]

The fact that it's a franchise means it has always been commercial? Also, you are equating the bow with simple weapons, but it isn't a simple longbow.

alidan

Splendid
Aug 5, 2009
[citation][nom]cooldudesubho[/nom]Has a million dollor suit,still needs a bow![/citation]

Ever watch with that bow can do, but putting that aside in real life a silencer isn't really silent but a bow is. With all that aside I do believe that bow is going to be more interesting in this game than any of the other guns.

neagu

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
[citation][nom]Novulux[/nom]The fact that it's a franchise means it has always been commercial? Also, you are equating the bow with simple weapons, but it isn't a simple longbow.[/citation]

A bow, in whatever shape or size, is an outdated weapon, however you may look at it.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]Guys, this game looks good, but it's nowhere near what Crysis 1 was.Remember... 3-way 8800 GTX SLI (the best setup available at the time) could NOT run Crysis at 1920x1200 at very high settings.For Crysis 3 to be as demanding as Crysis, it would need to be unplayable maxed out on tri-SLI 680s or tri-CF 7970s at 1920x1080 or at least 2560x1440.[/citation]

One thing a lot of people are forgetting, is that they are becoming much better at optimizing code. There was no way crysis would have ran at all back in the day on a console, never even thought it was possible.. But they did it. Crytek came out and said that Crysis 3 is not gonna be like Crysis 2, they apologized for not including directX 11 in the game on release, and they said Crysis 3 will be the best looking game on the PC and will be designed from the beginning on the PC. That being said, I'm sure the game will be optimized to run better then the original Crysis, and you also have to remember that a single GTX 680 is generations faster then even three 8800gtx's in sli. As far as it being a gaming benchmark, I loved the original Crysis, but I thought Crysis 2 was better in my opinion. And if the graphics are anywhere near as good as the original Crysis, i'll be happy. If you wan't a benchmark, I think there are plenty of good benchmarks out there like the Unigin benchmark, or 3Dmark, I don't want a benchmark, I want an awesome game, and if sacrificing using it as a benchmark means optimizing it to play decent on low settings for midrange hardware means sacrificing using it as a benchmark, then i'd much prefer that, because that means more people will be playing online, and thats definitely a better thing in my opinion.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]With the way the AAA games industry is these days, and with the semi-fail that was Crysis 2, I think it's a bit silly to pre-order Crysis 3[/citation]

Crysis 2 was an awesome game, still one of my favorites. And I have complete confidence this game will be good.

upgrade_1977

Distinguished
May 5, 2011
[citation][nom]BigMack70[/nom]You missed my point, I think. Crysis was a game that had 2012-quality visuals released in 2007. It was YEARS ahead of its time visually and that was reflected in the type of hardware needed to run it. When it was released, no system existed that could max it out at anything but low resolutions. Crysis 3 is going to be maxable day 1. It may very well be the best looking game ever released, but it's not at all going to be what Crysis was. It's not a 2017 game released in 2013. It's a very nice looking 2013 game maxable on 2013 hardware.[/citation]

So you want a game now, that you can't play until 2017? I'd prefer they release an optimized game to run on the hardware today. Did you forget the original Crysis was pushed back 2 years? I'd much rather have a game to play today, and then in 2017 get Crysis 7 or whatever version it is. Your argument is only relevent to single screen 1080p setups. I highly doubt the game will be able to be maxed out on a new 4k tv or a surround vision 3D setup anyways. If PC gaming is about the bleading edge, and ur upset cuz the game runs decent maxed out on a single monitor, then maybe you just need to upgrade ur setup. I have 3 1080p 3D monitor's, 2 gtx 480's and i7 cpu with 12gb ram, and I need to upgrade to play crysis 2 maxed out on my setup. Just saying.

neagu

Distinguished
Nov 23, 2009
People pre-ordering games are what destroyed the game industry.

Years ago, a company could not afford to publish a mediocre game, lest it be picked apart by critics and ignored by an informed public.

Today, companies don't care if they produce sub-par titles (see Starcraft 2 story), because they know the "sheep" will flock to buy a game they have very little knowledge of, and popular critics don't know the meaning of criticism anymore.

subtleendowment

Honorable
Jan 20, 2013
[citation][nom]neagu[/nom]Where does this Bow fetish come from? I get Assassin's Creed III has a bow, I can even accept Far Cry 3 bow, but Crysis 3? What's next, throwing rocks, using blowdarts and slingshots? Could this franchise become even more commercial?[/citation]
Well I checked the specs page and the recommended settings I can do just not the high res settings so I imagine that it will (hopefully) have larger graphic setting options.

Status
Not open for further replies.