Crytek Working on DirectX 11 Patch After All

Status
Not open for further replies.

LuckyDucky7

Distinguished
May 5, 2010
All I can say is it's ABOUT TIME.

Don't lead us on, Crytek- but on the other hand, I'm waiting for that patch to come out before I buy the game...

You might lead us to think that you sold us out.

fyend

Distinguished
Oct 16, 2008
Meh. Don't really care, I blew through the single player in 2 afternoons and the multiplayer is pretty generic. Not sure it being slightly prettier would make me care enough to fire it back up.

With latest games, I have been waiting for the GOTY editions to come out; that way I know I am getting something polished for the money, and also some add-ons.
Crysis 2 is no exception.

Agustus69

Distinguished
Nov 13, 2008
Should have come out with the release of the game. PC players are having a coronary about how bad a console port Crysis 2 to begin with - at least having DX11 from day one would have helped.

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
I thinks these articals are funny, not the content itself. the people buying the game. I wonder what the hell most of you do for a living.
Its not the crytek or anyone of the general games house do stuff like this deliberate, There is generally a reason. Remember, developers and accountents do not get alone. The game writers and programmers all want the best in there products, not most all of the time its about money. yea it sucked, they held back, I did not like it, but its a game not a religion, one false statement or a quick change and people thing there are trying to screw you. I got it. NO its not as good as the first. To be honest the controlls suck on the pc. to many options but hell, as I said its a game. Passes time for a while.
there are a lot of people who seem to feel the game companies own them something, not sure where that came from, at least to me this is what most comments read like. Maybe that is whey I am a generall gamer. To me its just a game not a life.

schmich

Distinguished
Sep 17, 2009
I'm not a game programmer but considering the game wasn't built for DX11 I don't see how a patch will make much of a difference (unless they spend A LOT of time on it).

pkadair

Distinguished
Dec 15, 2009
Crysis 2 is simply a let down for anyone, AND I MEAN ANYONE, who has played Crysis and Crysis Warhead. Sure XBOX and Playstation people are saying "Yeahhhhh! This game is neeto!! Invisibility!" However, PC users got the shaft. DX11?? Who cares at this point? Please, someone tell me you care. I go from a tropical island with open maps, textures, at least DX10, Advanced graphics settings, etc... to a dark, linear, DX9, Console port, which had me halfway through the game thinking"OK, I'm tired of this." I have played and beat Crysis and Crysis Warhead multiple times because it is always fun. I cannot say I will do the same for Crysis 2. Did anyone suggest Autosave (F5) feature to Crytek this go round?? The graphics of Crysis (2007) beat Crysis 2 (2011). WHAT???? Crysis 2 should have been gorgeous, immersive, and dedicated to the platform, which enabled it to thrive. Overall, a disappointment. (slap in the face)

rooket

Distinguished
Feb 3, 2009
Nice way to showcase Crytek's latest creation but imho it isn't necessary for me. Not worth upgrading a PC for one game especially when it looks so good in the current form.

robochump

Distinguished
Sep 16, 2010
Stupid to not have a PC patch at launch. Visuals will be improved but I hear the overall C2 game has a weak story line and not as sandbox as the original Crysis.

lp231

Splendid
Finished the single player campaign and it wasn't the memorable of a experience like its predecessor. What I missed the most is maximum strength like when I'm bored I set that sucker to the max and go on a punching rampage!!!!!
Also in Crysis 2, them aliens don't act like aliens. :\
I like them old ones better.

greliu

Distinguished
Apr 7, 2009
I total agree with jdamon113. These game industries don't own anyone anything...period. You don't like what the offer, just don't buy the damn thing. However, I see why people are so upset with this game because the first one was much more progressive, but hey don't sequels always suck? (Except for Half-life, but that's just me).

NocturnalOne

Distinguished
Mar 26, 2009
when I played Crysis 1 I got sucked in and had to force myself away from the computer so I wouldn't get jittery. The same thing didn't really happen with c2. I have to remind myself to play and at least finish the single player story. Perhaps it's the highly unlikely 'lone wolf killing hundreds of rogue soldiers in NYC' thing. It's one thing to kill North Koreans or Canadians or some other foreign power that has invaded NYC but our own troops?

I agree that the open terrain of C1 was amazing. There were a few challenging stages that has so many possible ways of solving it was amazing. I'm thinking of the one where you have this large bay in the middle and a chopper chasing you with a bridge to the left.

mrpijey

Distinguished
Sep 8, 2009
Games (and mostly you people) are truly the most ungrateful and egoistic people there is. People like you makes it hell to be a developer. All you do is whine, call the devs sellouts, whine that the graphics sucks, gameplay sucks etc. Every time. Doesn't matter what game it is. And some of you even judge the game based on the company that publishes it.

SHAME ON YOU

I understand not everyone can like every game - some games are better, some are worse, and some are straight out awful and should have never passed beyond the idea stage of a drunken and acid tripped project manager on a Saturday evening crackfest. But all games are made by dedicated programmers and there are countless hours put behind every game to plan, program, test, release, promote and patch.

As for Crysis 2, it's not a bad game. Visually it's stunning and surpasses what every other city shooter has done before. Sure it doesn't have palms, lush forests and oceans. But if you didn't notice it's not played in a jungle anymore, it's played out in freaking New York city. So of course there's a different scenery and therefore it doesn't look like Crysis 1.

Performance-wise it does a lot better than Crysis 1. When Crysis came out very few people could run it with a decent framerate, and DirectX 10 (with Vista) was just out and the videocards were not mature and up to specs. Yes the engine was not optimized either, but it was still a good game. Visually it was beyond anything else done at the time. And I still think Crysis 2 is ahead of the pack. Sure the gap is closing, but how many other developers has bothered to use DirectX 9 as well as Crytek has? And make it look good on consoles too?

I tried this game when the leaked beta came out, and I was impressed even then, with all the countless bugs and all. Sure I wasn't as happy with the game as with Crysis 1, but I knew that it would still be fine. I've seen a lot of bad games and Crysis 2 isn't even close to that.

Crytek has a lot of talented programmers and I bet they will squeeze every drop out of your GPU if you give them a chance. The game developers don't owe us a squat. But we owe them every bit of respect for at least trying to produce a product that appeals to us. I best most of you here pirated the game anyway so you have no right to say anything. As for the rest of you, I am sorry if you hated the game so badly that it wasn't worth your time. It didn't measure up to my "holy cr_p!" standards but I did still enjoy the game. And yes, I did buy the game in the end. As I have done with the previous ones (even if I think Warhead was a bad game). And I hope Crytek keeps their high quality standards so they can stay ahead of the pack and create visually stunning and entertaining games.

jdamon113

Distinguished
Mar 20, 2009
Greliu I agree. the large companies kill most good games, In par "Fear"
one of my favoirts But Fear 2 was BAD, and I am sure 3 will be as well.
I do like the smaller game places. Wish Alan Wake would enter PC gaming. I do not have a 360 and I will not own one.
As for DX 11 on Crysis 2. Just look at it this way, they were not sure how the game would sell, Its doing well. Just look at the figures... so its now worth it to them to release the patch. Nothing wrong, again as I said before... yea it sucks but its just a game.
Just like your and me we all can only do what the company lets us do.

Status
Not open for further replies.