[SOLVED] CSGO MOUSE INPUT LAG / SLUGGISH

Status
Not open for further replies.
Mar 29, 2020
Hey guys,
for the past few months I've had a problem with input lag... My mouse feels delayed and sluggish ingame. It only happens in CS. For example in COD Warzone I can easily track and kill enemies.

Did this ever happen to you guys and if so.. Did you fix it? CSGO has the worst input I've ever seen in any esport game and that is really frustrating. I have ~3300elo on Faceit and I'm really sensitive to feeling the mouse movement.

Tried many things like:
Windows reinstall
Disabling full-screen optimalization
Setting compatibility to Win 7
Removing -high from launch options
Adding -noforcemaccel, ... in launch options
mat_queue_mode -1/-2/1
Updating GeForce drivers
Reverting GeForce drivers
Changing my DPI
Checking Windows mouse settings
Raw_input 0/1
m_mousespeed 0/1
Updated latest BIOS
Windows Insider program
...and many more things which I can't remember.

Also I found some forums when I read that it could be bad hardware like PSU or bad electricity at my house. Really not sure why is this happening. Thank you in advance, guys.

PC SPECS:
CPU: i5 7500
GPU: ASUS GeForce GTX 1060 3GB
MOBO: ASUS PRIME B250-PRO
RAM: ADATA XPG GAMMIX D10 2x 8GB DDR4 2400MHz
HDD: Seagate ST2000DM008-2FR102
SSD: ADATA SU800
PSU: not home rn so im not sure, but its nothing tragic

Last edited:

boju

Titan
Ambassador
Ive come across a few of these issues, unresolved of course, but yeah, very odd problem.

Try enable vsync but cap two frames below refresh. Maybe having monitor synced might help, and limiting fps just below refresh helps eliminate input lag caused by vsync.

What sort of monitor do you have?

Mar 29, 2020
Ive come across a few of these issues, unresolved of course, but yeah, very odd problem.

Try enable vsync but cap two frames below refresh. Maybe having monitor synced might help, and limiting fps just below refresh helps eliminate input lag caused by vsync.

What sort of monitor do you have?
I've got Zowie XL2536 DyAc 144Hz
DyAc prefered to be completely OFF for me
AMA High

I will try enabling V-Sync altough I HATE it..:D It's a nightmare for competetive gamer..:/

Also CSGO should go to the new Source 2 engine.. Got in from unknown sources but I just have to hope, it'll fix the problem.. Don't really know.

Mar 29, 2020
I thought csgo was on source2?

If you try vsync, remember to limit fps a couple frames below refresh, this is important to help input lag.
Sadly, VSync kept even on Double Buffered or Triple Buffered didn't help w/ keeping the FPS below refresh rate.

Yeah, it's still running on the old Source engine, which causes most problem to it's input. At least that is what I'm thinking...

Mar 29, 2020
So.. I got it fixed! At least I hope.. Currently playing 20 minutes of Deathmatch and everything seems to be smooth and snappy as it should be!

Turns out my wall plug or my extension cord is bad. I was so desperate about it so I bought new CPU, MOBO and RAM. It should get delivered by tomorrow.. Worth upgrading tho.

EDIT:
The reason why I only felt it in CS is because I play a lot and I can tell how the feel of the mouse should be so I didn't feel it as much in COD.
OR
CSGO has the worst input I've ever seen in any other esport game, so that is why CS was the only visible problem for me. It should get on Source2 by the end of 2020 and should get it fixed.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.