CSRSS.EXE Virus That Won't Go Away

About every 30 seconds, I get a pop-up message from my anti-virus software
that says:

Dangerous Operation blocked!
Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 has detected the execution of a dangerous
action and has blocked it.
Program:
Associated file:
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE

So, I have found the file on my C drive, deleted it and deleted from my
Recycle Bin, but the message still continue sto annoyingly pop up.

The operating system I am using is Windows xp Home Edition, which is
completely up to date with Windowes updates.

Please can someone explain to me (in simple terms!) what I have to do to get
rid of this virus.

Many thanks

Simon (uget2nome)

From: "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com>

| About every 30 seconds, I get a pop-up message from my anti-virus software
| that says:
|
| Dangerous Operation blocked!
| Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 has detected the execution of a dangerous
| action and has blocked it.
| Program:
| Associated file:
| C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
|
| So, I have found the file on my C drive, deleted it and deleted from my
| Recycle Bin, but the message still continue sto annoyingly pop up.
|
| The operating system I am using is Windows xp Home Edition, which is
| completely up to date with Windowes updates.
|
| Please can someone explain to me (in simple terms!) what I have to do to get
| rid of this virus.
|
| Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
|
| Many thanks
|
| Simon (uget2nome)

There are anti virus News Groups specifically for this type of discussion.

microsoft.public.security.virus
alt.comp.virus
alt.comp.anti-virus

If this is adware/spyware -- Please download, install and update the following software...

Ad-aware SE v1.06
http://www.lavasoft.de/
http://www.lavasoftusa.com/

SpyBot Search and Destroy v1.4
http://security.kolla.de/

After the software is updated, I suggest scanning the system in Safe Mode.

If this is truly a virus...

Download MULTI_AV.EXE from the URL --

http://kixtart.org Kixtart is CareWare } three batch files, five Kixtart scripts, one Link
(.LNK) file, a PDF instruction file and two utilities; UNZIP.EXE and WGET.EXE. It will
simplify the process of using; Sophos, Trend and McAfee Anti Virus Command Line Scanners to
remove viruses, Trojans and various other malware.

way all the components can be downloaded from each AV vendor’s web site.
The choices are; Sophos, Trend, McAfee, Exit the menu and Reboot the PC.

file.

Choose; Unzip
Choose; Close

Execute; C:\AV-CLS\StartMenu.BAT

Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Turn off System Restore then download, install, update and run all of the
following. When finished reboot and turn System Restore back on. csrss.exe
is also a valid windows file located in the system32 folder, any other
location should be deleted.

Ad-Aware
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe

Spybot search and destroy
http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe

Ewido Security Suite Trial version

Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en

a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
to see it not them.

HijackThis

"uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> About every 30 seconds, I get a pop-up message from my anti-virus software
> that says:
>
> Dangerous Operation blocked!
> Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 has detected the execution of a dangerous
> action and has blocked it.
> Program:
> Associated file:
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
>
> So, I have found the file on my C drive, deleted it and deleted from my
> Recycle Bin, but the message still continue sto annoyingly pop up.
>
> The operating system I am using is Windows xp Home Edition, which is
> completely up to date with Windowes updates.
>
> Please can someone explain to me (in simple terms!) what I have to do to
> get
> rid of this virus.

> Many thanks
>
> Simon (uget2nome)

Dear All...

Many thanks for all your advise. I downloaded all of the trials and ran
them, which took some time. One of them detected an infected file and
automatically removed it. However, when I start my machine, each time I get
the following message in a pop-ip box on the desktop:

"Windows cannot find 'C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.exe'. Make sure you
typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the
Start button, and then click search."

I press OK, and then get the following message:

"Could not run of load 'C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.exe' specified in
the registty. Make sure that the file exists on your computer or remove the
reference to it in the registry."

I select OK, and get the same messages a second time, and after that, my
computer now seems to be working fine.

Is there something else I need to do to resolve this?

Once again, many thanks, and any further assistance would be greatly
appreciated.

Simon (uget2nome)

"pcbutts1" wrote:

> Turn off System Restore then download, install, update and run all of the
> following. When finished reboot and turn System Restore back on. csrss.exe
> is also a valid windows file located in the system32 folder, any other
> location should be deleted.
>
> Ad-Aware
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/aawsepersonal.exe
>
> Spybot search and destroy
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/spybotsd14.exe
>
> Ewido Security Suite Trial version
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe
>
> Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
> http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
>
> If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it, save
> a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so that
> I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need
> to see it not them.
>

> HijackThis
> http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip

> "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com> wrote in message
> > About every 30 seconds, I get a pop-up message from my anti-virus software
> > that says:
> >
> > Dangerous Operation blocked!
> > Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 has detected the execution of a dangerous
> > action and has blocked it.
> > Program:
> > Associated file:
> > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
> >
> > So, I have found the file on my C drive, deleted it and deleted from my
> > Recycle Bin, but the message still continue sto annoyingly pop up.
> >
> > The operating system I am using is Windows xp Home Edition, which is
> > completely up to date with Windowes updates.
> >
> > Please can someone explain to me (in simple terms!) what I have to do to
> > get
> > rid of this virus.
> >
> > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.
> >
> > Many thanks
> >
> > Simon (uget2nome)

Rock

Distinguished
Oct 13, 2002

uget2nome wrote:

> [...]
>>
>>>About every 30 seconds, I get a pop-up message from my anti-virus software
>>>that says:
>>>
>>>Dangerous Operation blocked!
>>>Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 has detected the execution of a dangerous
>>>action and has blocked it.
>>>Program:
>>>Associated file:
>>>C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
>>>
>>>So, I have found the file on my C drive, deleted it and deleted from my
>>>Recycle Bin, but the message still continue sto annoyingly pop up.
>>>
>>>The operating system I am using is Windows xp Home Edition, which is
>>>completely up to date with Windowes updates.
>>>
>>>Please can someone explain to me (in simple terms!) what I have to do to
>>>get
>>>rid of this virus.
>>>
>>>Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Please don't post HJT logs to this newsgroup, it is not the place for
it. There are specialty forums for that purpose. Here are some links
for posting HJT logs.

HijackThis

Forums to Interpret HijackThis Logs:

http://www.spywareinfo.com/forums/
http://forums.tomcoyote.org/
http://www.wilderssecurity.com/

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

i think u solve what is being prompted .That is u copy csrss.exe from
somebody elses system and put it in uy SYSTEM32 folder or use this
Type msconfig in run box.
now on General tab click ExpandFile button.
And restore file
Ok
> [...]
software
> > > that says:
> > >
> > > Dangerous Operation blocked!
> > > Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 has detected the execution of a
dangerous
> > > action and has blocked it.
> > > Program:
> > > Associated file:
> > > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
> > >
> > > So, I have found the file on my C drive, deleted it and deleted from
my
> > > Recycle Bin, but the message still continue sto annoyingly pop up.
> > >
> > > The operating system I am using is Windows xp Home Edition, which is
> > > completely up to date with Windowes updates.
> > >
> > > Please can someone explain to me (in simple terms!) what I have to do
> > > get
> > > rid of this virus.
> > >
> > > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Friends...

Many thanks for all your advise, but I'm sorry, I still don't know what to
do to solve the problem of these error messages appearing every time I switch
the machine on. Please can someone explain to me excatly what steps I need to
take.

Many thanks.

"uget2nome" wrote:

> [...]
> > > About every 30 seconds, I get a pop-up message from my anti-virus software
> > > that says:
> > >
> > > Dangerous Operation blocked!
> > > Panda Titanium Antivirus 2005 has detected the execution of a dangerous
> > > action and has blocked it.
> > > Program:
> > > Associated file:
> > > C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
> > >
> > > So, I have found the file on my C drive, deleted it and deleted from my
> > > Recycle Bin, but the message still continue sto annoyingly pop up.
> > >
> > > The operating system I am using is Windows xp Home Edition, which is
> > > completely up to date with Windowes updates.
> > >
> > > Please can someone explain to me (in simple terms!) what I have to do to
> > > get
> > > rid of this virus.
> > >
> > > Any assistance would be greatly appreciated.

Dear Friends...

Thank yo ufor all yoru advise, but I'm sorry I'm still confused as to what I
should do to prevent these error messages appearing. Please can someone
explain to me how I solve teh problem?

Many thanks

Simon

From: "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Dear All...
|
| Many thanks for all your advise. I downloaded all of the trials and ran
| them, which took some time. One of them detected an infected file and
| automatically removed it. However, when I start my machine, each time I get
| the following message in a pop-ip box on the desktop:
|
| "Windows cannot find 'C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.exe'. Make sure you
| typed the name correctly, and then try again. To search for a file, click the
| Start button, and then click search."
|
| I press OK, and then get the following message:
|
| "Could not run of load 'C:WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.exe' specified in
| the registty. Make sure that the file exists on your computer or remove the
| reference to it in the registry."
|
| I select OK, and get the same messages a second time, and after that, my
| computer now seems to be working fine.
|
| Is there something else I need to do to resolve this?
|
| Once again, many thanks, and any further assistance would be greatly
| appreciated.
|
| Simon (uget2nome)
|
| "pcbutts1" wrote:

Please do NOT post the HiJack This (HJT) log as requested. This replier, pcbutts1, has been
asked nicely, and has then been told bluntly [by an employee of the Microsoft Corporation,
the host of this server], not to request HJT logs to be posted here.

HJT logs should *ONLY* be posted in a qualified Web Forum. This is not one of them.

That being said...

Please execute; MSCONFIG.EXE and search for a startup item that would have loaded
VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE and then disable that item

If you feel comfortable editing the Registry, you can search for the string;
VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
find where it is being loaded and remove that key.

From: "Swapnesh" <swap_par205@sancharnet.in>

| i think u solve what is being prompted .That is u copy csrss.exe from
| somebody elses system and put it in uy SYSTEM32 folder or use this
| Type msconfig in run box.
| now on General tab click ExpandFile button.
| And restore file
| Ok

NO !

CSRSS.EXE was an infector. It was removed from the PC as it should have been. However, the
application that removed the EXE file failed to remove the Registry entry that called the
EXE file to execute. therefore it didn't fully do its job. Copying the file from another
PC is NOT the solution.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

But CSRSS is a system service.and it uses CSRSS.exe.If u want to varify u
can press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
u can see there under PROCESS tab.OK
And it says its a system service .

Now when window starts it will try to run CSRR.exe and when anything is not
found it symply tell File not found.

So give it the file it wants. Though file was infected and was removed u
can give it a fresh one.Its like giving missing DLL. Havent u tried it yet
????
If n then u should try .
And has "ugetnome" tried to remove registry and seen that it works ??

From: "Swapnesh" <swap_par205@sancharnet.in>

| But CSRSS is a system service.and it uses CSRSS.exe.If u want to varify u
| can press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
| u can see there under PROCESS tab.OK
| And it says its a system service .
|
| Now when window starts it will try to run CSRR.exe and when anything is not
| found it symply tell File not found.
|
| So give it the file it wants. Though file was infected and was removed u
| can give it a fresh one.Its like giving missing DLL. Havent u tried it yet
| ????
| If n then u should try .
| And has "ugetnome" tried to remove registry and seen that it works ??

It is a well established methodology to use the name of legitimate MS Windows Kernel files
for the name of viral and non-viral malware. This is designed to lure you into a false
sense of security. You see the name of the excutable running, assume that it is a OS file
and think it is OK. -- WRONG. One must examine WHERE the excutable is being excuted from.
Since replacing a a OS Kernel file could break the OS, it has to be executed from a non OS
standard location.

In the case of this infector; %windir%\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
%windir%\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO is not a Windows OS folder. It was created by the infector.

Sample infectors that use the name CSRSS.EXE are...

C:\CSRSS.EXE
W32/Buchon.c@MM -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_130857.htm

%WinDir%\MSAGENT\WIN32\CSRSS.EXE
W32/Sober.l@MM -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_131869.htm

%WinDir%\CSRSS.EXE
W32/Melare@MM -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_100306.htm

%WinDir%\CSRSS.EXE
W32/Netsky.ab@MM -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_124873.htm

%WinDir%\CSRSS.EXE
MultiDropper-JW -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101115.htm

%WinDir%\CSRSS.EXE
Downloader-MC -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_126644.htm

An example of a file name that is the most often used is; SVCHOST.EXE. There are *many*
viral and non-viral infectors that use this name. If this file is found on a Win9x/ME PC
then you are almost guarateed to be infected. If it is found on a NT based PC then one must
look at the location of where it is being executed. In addition many use variations upon
this name such as; SCVHOST.EXE

Examples:
If SVCHOST.EXE is found in the root of C: (C:\SVCHOST.EXE) then there is a high chance of
this being the CodeBlue worm.
W32/CodeBlue.worm -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99202.htm

If SVCHOST.EXE is found in %windir% then there is a high chance of this being the Cozit
worm.
W32/Cozit.worm -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_99761.htm

If SVCHOST.EXE is found in %windir%\SYSTEM32\DRIVERS then there is a high chance of this
being a nachi worm variant.
W32/Nachi.worm.c -- http://vil.nai.com/vil/content/v_101025.htm

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Yes, I need to see your hijackthis log run it, save the log and cut and
paste back here so I can read it.

From: "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Dear Friends...
|
| Thank yo ufor all yoru advise, but I'm sorry I'm still confused as to what I
| should do to prevent these error messages appearing. Please can someone
| explain to me how I solve teh problem?
|
| Many thanks
|
| Simon

Simon:

In case you missed it. Do NOT post a HiJack This (HJT) log here ! Do NOT follow pcbutts1's
direction to do so. His advice is contrary to all the expeerts in this news Group and by
Microsoft.

Do execute; MSCONFIG.EXE

Choose; Startup

Find the line that loads...
C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE

Uncheck the box for that line.

Click on "Apply" then "Close" then "Restart"..

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

http://www.auditmypc.com/free-spyware-removal.asp

Look there and see if it helps you. If not, perhaps you need to unplug and
take the tower in to a repair shop. Not a "Big box computer sales" store,
but somewhere they can help you.

> From: "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | Dear Friends...
> |
> | Thank yo ufor all yoru advise, but I'm sorry I'm still confused as to
> what I
> | should do to prevent these error messages appearing. Please can someone
> | explain to me how I solve teh problem?
> |
> | Many thanks
> |
> | Simon
>
> Simon:
>
> In case you missed it. Do NOT post a HiJack This (HJT) log here ! Do NOT
> follow pcbutts1's
> direction to do so. His advice is contrary to all the expeerts in this
> news Group and by
> Microsoft.
>
> Do execute; MSCONFIG.EXE
>
> Choose; Startup
>
> Find the line that loads...
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
>
> Uncheck the box for that line.
>
> Click on "Apply" then "Close" then "Restart"..
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Dear Dave...

Please can you help me, I'm not sure exactly hoe to execute MSCONFIG.EXE
I use xp Home Edition. Please can you tell me where I can find 'Start Up'
and find the line that says 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE', with
the check box.

Is this something I type in a line when I click 'Start' and then choose 'Run'?

Sorry to be so pinnicky, but I'm, really not very good with these things and
I want to make sure before I go ahead and do any chanegs!

Many thanks

Simon

"David H. Lipman" wrote:

> From: "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com>
>
> | Dear Friends...
> |
> | Thank yo ufor all yoru advise, but I'm sorry I'm still confused as to what I
> | should do to prevent these error messages appearing. Please can someone
> | explain to me how I solve teh problem?
> |
> | Many thanks
> |
> | Simon
>
> Simon:
>
> In case you missed it. Do NOT post a HiJack This (HJT) log here ! Do NOT follow pcbutts1's
> direction to do so. His advice is contrary to all the expeerts in this news Group and by
> Microsoft.
>
> Do execute; MSCONFIG.EXE
>
> Choose; Startup
>
> Find the line that loads...
> C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE
>
> Uncheck the box for that line.
>
> Click on "Apply" then "Close" then "Restart"..
>
> --
> Dave
> http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Simon,

Click on Start, then run

In the box that pops up, type " msconfig" without the quotation marks, and
click ok

This will bring up the System Configuration Utility.

Look at the tabs at the top, the one furthers to the right is the startup
tab, click on it.

You will see most likely several startup items, with check marks in their
respective boxes.

Look for the one David pointed you too,and remove the checkmark from it,
then click ok.

You will get a message that you need to restart your system for your changes
to take effect, click ok to restart your system.

After it boots up, you will get a message that you are running in selective
startup, put a check mark in the box to not display that message again, and
click ok.

Hope this helps,

Don Burnette

From: "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Dear Dave...
|
| Please can you help me, I'm not sure exactly hoe to execute MSCONFIG.EXE
| I use xp Home Edition. Please can you tell me where I can find 'Start Up'
| and find the line that says 'C:\WINDOWS\SYSTEM32\VIVNUFFTO\CSRSS.EXE', with
| the check box.
|
| Is this something I type in a line when I click 'Start' and then choose 'Run'?
|
| Sorry to be so pinnicky, but I'm, really not very good with these things and
| I want to make sure before I go ahead and do any chanegs!
|
| Many thanks
|
| Simon

Yes...

Go to; Start --> Run

type; MSCONFIG

Click on OK.

--

Swapnesh wrote:

> But CSRSS is a system service.and it uses CSRSS.exe.If u want to varify u
> can press CTRL+ALT+DEL.
> u can see there under PROCESS tab.OK
> And it says its a system service .
>
> Now when window starts it will try to run CSRR.exe and when anything is not
> found it symply tell File not found.
>
> So give it the file it wants. Though file was infected and was removed u
> can give it a fresh one.Its like giving missing DLL. Havent u tried it yet
> ????
> If n then u should try .
> And has "ugetnome" tried to remove registry and seen that it works ??

>>From: "Swapnesh" <swap_par205@sancharnet.in>
>>
>>| i think u solve what is being prompted .That is u copy csrss.exe from
>>| somebody elses system and put it in uy SYSTEM32 folder or use this
>>| Type msconfig in run box.
>>| now on General tab click ExpandFile button.
>>| And restore file
>>| Ok
>>

>>NO !
>>
>>CSRSS.EXE was an infector. It was removed from the PC as it should have
>
> been. However, the
>
>>application that removed the EXE file failed to remove the Registry entry
>
> that called the
>
>>EXE file to execute. therefore it didn't fully do its job. Copying the
>
> file from another
>
>>PC is NOT the solution.
>>
>>--
>>Dave
>>http://www.claymania.com/removal-trojan-adware.html
>>http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Correct your system date.

--
Rock
MS MVP Windows - Shell/User

Download Hijack this from the link below, unzip it, double click on the
unzipped file to run it, save a copy of the log file by clicking on the save
log button, it will open in notepad. Cut and paste the log back here to this
group so that I can analyze it. Ignore the replies by Rock or David or
anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I need to see it so I can tell
you how to fix it not them.

> [...]
>> >
>> > Ewido Security Suite Trial version
>> > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/ewidosetup.exe
>> >
>> > Microsoft Windows AntiSpyware (Beta1)
>> > http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=321CD7A2-6A57-4C57-A8BD-DBF62EDA9671&displaylang=en
>> >
>> > If none of the above fixes the issue then download Hijack this, run it,
>> > save
>> > a copy of the log file and cut and paste it back here to this group so
>> > that
>> > I can analyze it. Ignore anyone who tells you to post it elsewhere. I
>> > need
>> > to see it not them.
>> >

>> > HijackThis
>> > http://www.pcbutts1.com/downloads/HijackThis.zip
>> >
>> > --
>> >

>> > The best live web video on the internet
>> > http://www.seedsv.com/webdemo.htm
>> > NEW Embedded system W/Linux. We now sell DVR cards.

Dear Don & Dave

Thank you for your help and advise. I followed your instructions, and this
is now working perfectly.

I simply wouldn't have known where to start otherwise!

Once again, many thanks.

Kind Regards

Simon

From: "uget2nome" <uget2nome@discussions.microsoft.com>

| Dear Don & Dave
|
| Thank you for your help and advise. I followed your instructions, and this
| is now working perfectly.
|
| I simply wouldn't have known where to start otherwise!
|
| Once again, many thanks.
|
| Kind Regards
|
| Simon

You're welcome Simon and thank you for updating the thread.

--
Dave
http://www.ik-cs.com/got-a-virus.htm

Well, David did all the work, but you are very welcome!

Glad you got your issue resolved.
Thanks for letting us know,

Don Burnette

From: "Don Burnette" <d.burnette@clothes.comcast.net>

| Well, David did all the work, but you are very welcome!
|
| Glad you got your issue resolved.
| Thanks for letting us know,
|
| Don Burnette

Ah, but you did however give clear and concise instructions Don !

From: "Swapnesh" <swap_par205@sancharnet.in>

To add to my previous information...

I pulled the following from email, which is a Virus Total report, I received from helping
someone else with a suspicious CSRSS.EXE file.

This was the results of the csrss.exe scan in the c:\windows\ziplog
directory [ c:\windows\ziplog\csrss.exe ]

Antivirus Version Update Result
AntiVir 6.31.1.0 07.29.2005 no virus found
AVG 718 07.28.2005 no virus found
Avira 6.31.1.0 07.29.2005 no virus found
BitDefender 7.0 07.29.2005 no virus found
CAT-QuickHeal 7.03 07.30.2005 no virus found
ClamAV devel-20050725 07.29.2005 no virus found
DrWeb 4.32b 07.29.2005 BackDoor.Generic.977
eTrust-Iris 7.1.194.0 07.30.2005 no virus found
eTrust-Vet 11.9.1.0 07.29.2005 no virus found
Fortinet 2.36.0.0 07.30.2005 no virus found
F-Prot 3.16c 07.29.2005 no virus found
Ikarus 0.2.59.0 07.29.2005 no virus found
Kaspersky 4.0.2.24 07.30.2005 Trojan-Spy.Win32.WinSpy.a
McAfee 4546 07.29.2005 potentially unwanted program Winspy
NOD32v2 1.1183 07.29.2005 probably unknown NewHeur_PE virus
Norman 5.70.10 07.28.2005 no virus found
Panda 8.02.00 07.29.2005 no virus found
Sophos 3.96.0 07.30.2005 no virus found
Sybari 7.5.1314 07.30.2005 Trojan-Spy.Win32.WinSpy.a
Symantec 8.0 07.29.2005 no virus found
TheHacker 5.8.2.077 07.29.2005 no virus found
VBA32 3.10.4 07.29.2005 no virus found