[SOLVED] Current PSU does not have a 24pin, any adapters available?

Fredd001

Distinguished
Nov 30, 2014
My current mobo comes from a prebuilt hp which is powered by 2, 4 pin connectors and does not come with a 24pin (mobo or psu). This mobo does not support OC and thus i want to upgrade to a Gigabyte B450M. I either need a new PSU (dont want to do) or find some adapters to connect to a 24pin from my current power cables. All the ones ive seen online are male adapters (male 8pin to 24pin), but obviously i need a female pin to go into the original male pin, and i do not seem to find any female to 24pin adapters. Anyone has any input?

Solution
they don't exist for a reason. you can't do what you are thinking. your custom pre-built psu is not set to matchup with a standard 24-pin. you only have 8 pins anyway. how do expect them to line up and provide what 24 individual pins do?

it won't happen. you need a new psu to do what you want to do. no way around it no matter how much you really really want it to happen.

Math Geek

Titan
Ambassador
they don't exist for a reason. you can't do what you are thinking. your custom pre-built psu is not set to matchup with a standard 24-pin. you only have 8 pins anyway. how do expect them to line up and provide what 24 individual pins do?

it won't happen. you need a new psu to do what you want to do. no way around it no matter how much you really really want it to happen.

Solution
My current mobo comes from a prebuilt hp which is powered by 2, 4 pin connectors and does not come with a 24pin (mobo or psu). This mobo does not support OC and thus i want to upgrade to a Gigabyte B450M. I either need a new PSU (dont want to do) or find some adapters to connect to a 24pin from my current power cables. All the ones ive seen online are male adapters (male 8pin to 24pin), but obviously i need a female pin to go into the original male pin, and i do not seem to find any female to 24pin adapters. Anyone has any input?

Nope. That's not how it works. You need a PSU.