[SOLVED] Current stream setup advise

May 18, 2020
Hi There

I need some advice with my current stream setup.

Here is my build.

Ryzen 5 1600x
Asus Prime B450M-K
2047mb Nvidia Geforce RTX 2060
2 x monitors (side monitor 60hz for browsing or and looking at stream info, main monitor 144hz for gaming)

I seem to get some input lag or when i game it seems sluggish. The output stream is 720p, 60fps.
I mainly play Overwatch, Dota, Warzone and some other variety. All games are on low graphics and capped at 144fps to get max framerate to take advantage of the 144hz monitor.

Is it better to encode off of my CPU or GPU to increase performance? and is it the capped FPS affecting my stream or is my build not strong enough?

Solution
Hi There

Here is my build.

Ryzen 5 1600x
Asus Prime B450M-K
2 x monitors (side monitor 60hz for browsing or and looking at stream info, main monitor 144hz for gaming)

I seem to get some input lag or when i game it seems sluggish. The output stream is 720p, 60fps.
I mainly play Overwatch, Dota, Warzone and some other variety. All games are on low graphics and capped at 144fps to get max framerate to take advantage of the 144hz monitor.

Is it better to encode off of my CPU or GPU to increase performance? and is it the capped FPS affecting my stream or is my build not strong enough?
1600x seems low to use the CPU, I’d use the GPU.
Hi There

Here is my build.

Ryzen 5 1600x
Asus Prime B450M-K

1600x seems low to use the CPU, I’d use the GPU.

Solution