Question Cursor moves on its own on ASUS Vivobook ?

Aug 25, 2022
I’ve had my ASUS Vivobook with Windows 10 for a few months now and everything went well. Turned it on for the first time in 2 weeks and suddenly the cursor was moving and clicking on its own, and it’s been going on for a few days. (I don’t use a mouse, and I’ve cleaned the trackpad multiple times now.) Occasionally it stops but the movements sometimes seem intentional, so I made Norton Antivirus run full scans but it detected nothing.

None of my files have been deleted, but along with my tabs they keep being opened and closed repeatedly. I’ve been told this could have something to do with Windows 10.

I’ve rebooted, turned the wifi on and off and tried every method I could find online but no success. Any idea as to what I could do?

Colif

Win 11 Master
Run an antivirus scan?
Malwarebytes?

Try a clean boot and see if it changes anything - make sure to read instructions and make sure NOT to disable any microsoft services or windows won't load right - https://support.microsoft.com/en-au/help/929135/how-to-perform-a-clean-boot-in-windows

it doesn't delete anything, just stops non MIcrosoft programs running at startup. easily reversed/

if clean boot fixes it, it shows its likely a startup program. You should, over a number of startups. restart the programs you stopped to isolate the one that is to blame.