Custom ADM

Barry

Hello, I would like to create a custom ADM that will allow me to disble the
attachment security in Outlook Express via the GPO.

I have found the key but I am not sure how to deal with the identites part
of the key when making the ADM.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the key that changes.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{8834B864-BEE0-4D66-908D-F5F2036E47B4}\Software
\Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Mail\Safe Attachments
New: DWORD: 1 (0x1) on
Old: DWORD: 0 (0) off

Advanced topic: Creating custom .adm files:
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/professional/help/default.asp?url=/WINDOWS2000/en/professional/help/sag_SPconcepts_34.htm

To add or remove an Administrative Template (.adm file):
http://www.microsoft.com/windows2000/en/professional/help/default.asp?url=/WINDOWS2000/en/professional/help/gptext_addtemplate.htm

(URLs may be wrapped)

Regards,
/Jimmy
--
Jimmy Andersson, Q Advice AB
Microsoft MVP - Directory Services

"Barry" <barry.scheelar@temp.blackgold.ab.ca> wrote in message
> Hello, I would like to create a custom ADM that will allow me to disble
the
> attachment security in Outlook Express via the GPO.
>
> I have found the key but I am not sure how to deal with the identites part
> of the key when making the ADM.
>
> Any help would be greatly appreciated. Here is the key that changes.

HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Identities\{8834B864-BEE0-4D66-908D-F5F2036E47B4}\Software
> \Microsoft\Outlook Express\5.0\Mail\Safe Attachments
> New: DWORD: 1 (0x1) on
> Old: DWORD: 0 (0) off

I'm doing something similar but have a follow-up question: how do you go
about making it so that after the change is in place it restricts the user
from changing it.

More specifically, if you use a custom adm to disable to attachment function
in OE, how can you stop a user from turning it back on?

Thanks