Question Custom Built PC all of the sudden not functioning correctly. Different error codes everytime

OffbeatBryce

Honorable
Mar 27, 2017
I have a custom built PC. It's been working fine for 2 years. One day I shut if off and now it won't work right.

Here is what I tried.

1. Disconnecting Nvida graphics card to boot from internal GPU.

2. Tried a different OS drive

3. Tried a different Power Supply

regardless of what I try the computer sometimes boots and sometimes just shuts off as soon as I power it on. When it does boot the computer is ridiculously slow. 5-10 min to open Windows Explorer but then shuts off after 10 min and won't boot back up until computer has been off for 15 min.

Any ideas what is going on. I took it to a repair shop and the guys there can't fix it.

Thanks,

Bryce

11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz
64GB of Ram
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
Model Z590 VISION D (U3E1)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 220-G3-1000-X1,1000 G3, 80 Plus Gold 1000W
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 or Intel UHD Graphics internal
Monitor Dell U2413f 24" Widescreen LED LCD Monitor - Grade C (pcliquidations.com)

I have a custom built PC. It's been working fine for 2 years. One day I shut if off and now it won't work right.

Here is what I tried.

1. Disconnecting Nvida graphics card to boot from internal GPU.

2. Tried a different OS drive

3. Tried a different Power Supply

regardless of what I try the computer sometimes boots and sometimes just shuts off as soon as I power it on. When it does boot the computer is ridiculously slow. 5-10 min to open Windows Explorer but then shuts off after 10 min and won't boot back up until computer has been off for 15 min.

Any ideas what is going on. I took it to a repair shop and the guys there can't fix it.

Thanks,

Bryce

11th Gen Intel Core i9-11900K @ 3.50GHz
64GB of Ram
Motherboard: Gigabyte Technology Co. Ltd.
Model Z590 VISION D (U3E1)
PSU: EVGA SuperNOVA 220-G3-1000-X1,1000 G3, 80 Plus Gold 1000W
Graphics: NVIDIA Quadro M4000 or Intel UHD Graphics internal
Monitor Dell U2413f 24" Widescreen LED LCD Monitor - Grade C (pcliquidations.com)
If any overclocking set it back to default.....test.

If no help put a copy of memtest86 on flash stick.
Boot the stick and let it run....no errors allowed.

Reactions: Roland Of Gilead

OffbeatBryce

Honorable
Mar 27, 2017
Did some more troubleshooting and here is what I found.

The computer will only consistently boot with three ram sticks. The 4th one is now causing the digital codes to change multiple times with no post.

What’s bizarre is before it would sometimes come on and shut off on its own or not post and sometimes post with 4 sticks of
Ram.

I can’t figure out why before it came on fine and booted up with 4 sticks of Ram and now it won’t. It doesn’t seem to be the power supply, CPU or motherboard at all.

It does give me a blue screen of death if left on for an hour but it’s no longer shutting off with 3 sticks of ram in it.

I don’t understand why the problems weren’t consistent until just a day ago.

TRENDING THREADS