Custom PC Makers May Sell Windows 7 Early

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ossie

Distinguished
Aug 21, 2008
The puget wintel fanboy finally got a reward for his $pinning...
Did yummy boy also got his pre$ent for zealotry?
[citation][nom]eklipz330[/nom]why do you think it's getting so much hype?[/citation]
'cause the world got drowned by m$ marketingdroids and their pu$hers with the hype of $even being something else than vi$hta $p2+lipstick, and fankiddies must have $omething to drool about.

G

It's not a new vista, rather then that, could be a new XP but.. wait is not! must be new hum? ¬¬ stop the crap, it's a good O.S better than Vista that's sure, better than XP? In many ways it is. Btw 0 errors running the 64bit version, 0 compatibility problems, is that new? well yes it is!

nekoangel

Distinguished
Sep 27, 2009
[citation][nom]Boxa786[/nom]as a windows certificate course student, i get win 7 on sept 30/oct 1st for a discount price of £30, which I think is above the student price in the US, but hey, Win 7 on 1st Oct ftw[/citation]
well if you was a student at a school thats part of Microsoft Academy then you would of had access to free legal copys of windows7 back in August.

[citation][nom]gamerjames[/nom]I build my own PC's. I also wouldn't want the first releasing of Windows 7 either, I'd wait for it to be tested and such by the masses, then get it afterwards.[/citation]

Pffffttt hear that every time a new windows is released, hear the same BULLS#IT every time "ahhh ill wait for all the bugs to come out" bla bla BS - install XP without ANY service packs and see how it runs, same as Vista and the RTM release of Windows 7 - all were fine from day one, especially windows 7 since it essentially is 99% Vista.

Sick of hearing this BS every windows release.

naterandrews

Distinguished
Dec 30, 2005
[citation][nom]tank[/nom]I am probably going to get shot saying this but here we go. In terms of an OS, i think it would be fair to say that windows 7 is just a vista sp3.. Yea some things are more shiny and look different.. but it would be stupid not to build off of the current coding of windows vista. Windows vista, as far as i understand, is NOT a brand new fresh coded system. They have built off of windows vista. I personally have not tested but am anxious to see a more user friendly OS by windows other than vista. LOL. If someone can logistically tell me i am wrong, i am more than happy to read on later.[/citation]

While I do partially agree with you- yes, Seven is primarily based off of Vista, there are still some good enhancements. And keep in mind, a vast majority of the people moving to Seven, will be from XP- so everything is going to be pretty new to them (and with much more polish than Vista).

Do I want to give praise as Seven being the best OS ever? Maybe. Could it have been better? Sure. It's a nice enough to use OS, but I'm still not wowed like I first was when I used a PC.

Oh, and one more thing. While Seven is "just" based off of Vista- the same could be said about XP. Windows XP, released in 2002 I believe, was based on the Windows NT/2000 core. It's just a matter of perception, and how much work Microsoft wants to do, to make the OS usable.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Article[/nom]was told that system builders who buy the operating system through distribution channels may sell the new OS as soon as they receive their license keys. [/citation]
Does that count for our select licenses as well? We've already begun handing over net- and notebooks with windows 7 loaded. But as far as we know, we're not actually allowed to buy the licenses until the 22nd of next month.

neiroatopelcc

Distinguished
Oct 3, 2006
[citation][nom]Jonnyinter[/nom]Im excited for Windows 7 but why can't they make us RC users just buy an upgrade disc?[/citation]
They don't want the added problem of upgrading from a non-final version of windows to the final one. The consequences are too unpredictable. You can still upgrade though, I just don't remember how. But you've got to pay like everyone else.

eyemaster

Distinguished
Apr 28, 2009
[citation][nom]fulle[/nom]Whomever negged Dark didn't check Pudget's crap prices. They have roughly a 400 dollar assembly fee, when you take into account what the parts cost.[/citation]

It doesn't matter. If someone wants to pay for it, who are you to tell them no?

grieve

Distinguished
Apr 19, 2004
[citation][nom]doomtomb[/nom]I've been on Windows 7 for almost a year now.[/citation]
Me too... all my machines are running RC1.

I will be buying it Oct 22 OEM, im not waiting till March when RC1 expires, im already sold, i want Win7!

Boxa786

Distinguished
May 8, 2009

As far as I was aware that was only for USA students.

1 - I started the course only a couple of weeks ago, so would not been able to get it as student in August

2 - Im in the UK and so if anyone know's any better offers in the UK, obviously you have to post :D

Status
Not open for further replies.