jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Yes all I have taken it in the @SS, it didn’t feel to good, but I am sum what relieved, or should I say a free man once again to choice my new video card. After sending back the defected ATi 9800 p 256 mb, I decided to throw in my hand and not take the chance of going broke. Figure I’m out shipping and restocking fee of a whopping $92.

<P ID="edit"><FONT SIZE=-1><EM>Edited by jiffy on 07/15/03 06:45 PM.</EM></FONT></P>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Yeah that sure does suck. I have a Asus P4P800 2.8 GF4 4400

I have my eye on the Gainward, or Leadtek, I just had to learn my lesson first. O no probable going to get flamed again, lol.

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
They made you pay a restocking fee for a defective card? That's bullshit. I'd fight it.

<font color=blue>Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.
-Einstein</font color=blue>

phial

Splendid
Oct 29, 2002
Figure I’m out shipping and restocking fee of a whopping $92.

restocking fees sicken me. charging YOU for something that isnt your fault. and this "thing" , restocking, only consists of carrying a new box over to the shelf

-------

<A HREF="http://www.quake3world.com/ubb/Forum1/HTML/001355.html" target="_new">*I hate thug gangstas*</A>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I don’t think newegg does support, so I’m sure the card will get shipped back where ever it came from. (I don’t know) I can understand the restocking, say after 50,000 products come back and there isn’t anything wrong with them. But I think there should be something done differently when a product is found defected, hmm, more work and money on their part.

Me! I change my mind I think the card sucks, it’s ATi screwed up card, right next to the FX5800. Newegg! Well you should of done your home work first, were sorry, but we have to get rid of these cards. That didn’t really happen, but couldn’t they just send those cards back to who ever gave them the cards to sell, hmm, why? they make twice as much money on a bad product.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
Huh? I don't get it? Did you return the card or did you ask for a replacement?

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
Was it a non-refundable-only-exchange-for-same-product deal?

<font color=blue>Insanity is doing the same thing over and over again and expecting a different result.

AMD_Man

Splendid
Jul 3, 2001
I returned the card, but I want a refund.
If there was a restocking fee then how was that "cutting your loss"? Wouldn't it have been a less of a waste of money for you to simply exchange the card?

Intelligence is not merely the wealth of knowledge but the sum of perception, wisdom, and knowledge.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
<A HREF="http://www.newegg.com/app/warranty.asp" target="_new">here's their policy, i don't know maybe I'll get luck, it's been known to happen</A>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
I said I was cutting my lost now, because I’m afraid I could lose more if I get another card. I already got one bad card, which doesn’t impress me. Maybe the next one will be ok, but for how long? The danm thing gets so hot now, I’m afraid I might kill it, epeicaly if I overclock it. I don’t feel it would be a reliable card, second I’m thinking there junk. At least the FX 5900U gives you 50MHz faster then the 128 mb version, mean while the 9800 256mb seems to offer nothing new, accept more heat. I screwed up, and think if anyone wants a card with 256mb I feel the FX is the better choice. And the 9800 256 is just a bad ideal trying to compete with the FX 256mb.

confoundicator

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2002
I skimmed through their policy and it looks like you might have better luck contacting the manufacturer for a defective card. If you complain and whine enough they might even give you a refund.

dhlucke

Polypheme
Did you try to trouble shoot it here? You say it gets hot right? What case do you have? You probably could have bought a better cooling solution for the $92 you just blew.

I don't know the details but I hate to see you blow $92

<A HREF="http://forums.btvillarin.com/index.php?act=ST&f=41&t=389&s=1fee5dab901bebe29da7aa1c2658fc6f" target="_new"><font color=red>dhlucke's system</font color=red></A>

<font color=blue>GOD</font color=blue> <font color=red>BLESS</font color=red> <font color=blue>AMERICA</font color=blue>

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Maybe, but I believe you contact them after 30 days. I would think they would want to settle with products, and not as actual refund. I don’t want to call newegg to tell them I change my mind again to find out, but will say something when I hear or see what was refunded back. They probably read the policy to me like a recorder, but I’ll try.

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Yes I did, but most if not all came to the same conclusion. I have a Chenming 601A. Sure I could have bought better cooling, but don’t you void any warrantee once you change things? Beside I don’t think heat was the problem, because it was happening right away and the card doesn’t start to get real hot, until you stress it.

daddywags214

Distinguished
Mar 30, 2003
I hope all this crap works out for you... you should at least get a replacement from them. I mean, it's not like all Radeon 9800 256's are broken... otherwise they wouldn't sell it. Don't be scared off by one bad card.

Tit for tat, butter for fat, ATi's dog kicks nVidia's cat

(Maximum PC)

jiffy

Distinguished
Oct 2, 2001
Haven’t you been listening? Your right they shouldn’t be selling them, I contacted ATi and their going to recall the cards at once. Haha..

Let me see you drop $500 bucks and then tell me not to be scared. Shitz I’m shaking in my boots. :wink:

Thanks for your concern, I’m sure I’ll get it straighten out sooner or later. Right now I’m going to lick my wounds and see what the damage is before getting another card. I heard Gainward had a similar problem. They had a batch of faulty capacitors on the Ti 4200, hmm, might take them off my list.

coolsquirtle

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2003
well hmmm...... GET ASUS!!! lol but the bundle that with it is kinda crappy.........

Proud Owner the Block Heater
120% nVidia Fanboy
I'd get a nVidia GeForce FX 5900Ultra... if i had the money and if THEY WOULD CHANGE THAT #()#@ HSF