linxxln

Prominent
Mar 12, 2022

Please excuse my ignorance, I am not the most "tech savvy" human

I just recently bought a prebuilt IBUYPOWER PC on Black Friday. I have had dozens of freezes since then. I installed two M.2's in it one being brand new and one being from my old laptop. The freezing feels kind of random, the only patterns I can see are either me pressing ALT+TAB while playing a game or me having multiple apps open at once. Crashes have not been limited to these scenarios though
The PC has froze before while I was looking at Open Hardware Monitor and I did not see anything irregular at the exact time of it crashing.
When I boot up my motherboard, a red light appears on the top right on "DRAM" for a couple seconds, then "VGA", and then "BOOT" will light up while "VGA" is, and then they all go dark and my PC is booted to my desktop. (Not sure if it's normal on bootup but i thought I'd note it.)
I have ran the command sfc /scannow and got an error message saying I have corrupt files that it could not repair, and NOTHING in the CBS.log file makes and sense to me.
I have attempted to put pressure on the rams sticks to see if they go in anymore, but felt nothing. I can't really fully un-seed and reseed the ram though unless I completely took out my AIO because of it being so large. I'm not a big fan of taking computers apart in fear of messing something up more that it already is, so hopefully, if this is a hardware issue, someone could point me in the right direction so I'm not poking around everywhere and unscrewing everything.
I'm not even sure what questions to ask anymore so I'll leave this as is for anyone who may have an idea.

SPECS:
IBUYPOWER Y40 IBP
Win11 HOME
GPU: RTX 4070
CPU: i7-13700KF
MEMORY: 32GB MEMORY
MOTHERBOARD: ASUS z790

linxxln

Prominent
Mar 12, 2022
Same thing is happening to me. Same PC.
I managed to not have a crash for around 36 hours now, but the method to fix it is pretty dumb.
I took out my GPU and gently used a screwdriver to open the lock and un-seed the ram sticks since the AIO blocks the top of it and I did NOT want to take it out.
I took them both out just enough to not be contacting, and reseeded it making sure it was in there tight. I made sure everything plugged into my motherboard was connected tight.
Once I booted my pc back up I had to change my ram to run at 4800 mhz instead of 5200 mhz in the bios.
Seemingly everything is working now, but unfortunate I have to underclock.
If I had to guess, being a noob, the ram sticks they gave us are either not great, or the 700w PSU that the prebuilt comes with isn't enough. I think a mixture of both

SLR2009

Distinguished
Jun 27, 2011
I managed to not have a crash for around 36 hours now, but the method to fix it is pretty dumb.
I took out my GPU and gently used a screwdriver to open the lock and un-seed the ram sticks since the AIO blocks the top of it and I did NOT want to take it out.
I took them both out just enough to not be contacting, and reseeded it making sure it was in there tight. I made sure everything plugged into my motherboard was connected tight.
Once I booted my pc back up I had to change my ram to run at 4800 mhz instead of 5200 mhz in the bios.
Seemingly everything is working now, but unfortunate I have to underclock.
If I had to guess, being a noob, the ram sticks they gave us are either not great, or the 700w PSU that the prebuilt comes with isn't enough. I think a mixture of both
Hi, I'm having the same issue with the freezing. Can you tell me step by step how you set the ram in bios to 4800 mhz? I can't figure out how. Thanks