Question Dark Rock Elite and Sharkoon TG6 RGB

Dec 27, 2023
Hello dear community,
I have a Sharkoon TG6 and would now like to replace my "old" air cooler. I would like to switch to a be quiet! Dark Rock Elite, also for possible future upgrades. My question now is. The case manufacturer's website states that the CPU cooler can have a maximum height of 16.7cm, the be quiet! Dark Rock Elite has the following height 16.8cm. This would mean that it is 1 tenth higher than what fits inside. Hence my question: Can I install this cooler in the case or is it too tight? Does anyone have experience with this?
Thanks for the answers!

Lutfij

Titan
TG6_RGB_03.jpg

to be frank I think you need to take the front panel off the case and see what sort of temps you get if you're replacing the cooler since it's performing badly. The case doesn't allow for air to come through apart from the slits you see on the side of the case.

What are you currently working with? What processor are you going to cool? Make and model of your motherboard and ram kit? What sort of temps are you seeing with your current setup?

Dec 27, 2023
TG6_RGB_03.jpg

to be frank I think you need to take the front panel off the case and see what sort of temps you get if you're replacing the cooler since it's performing badly. The case doesn't allow for air to come through apart from the slits you see on the side of the case.

What are you currently working with? What processor are you going to cool? Make and model of your motherboard and ram kit? What sort of temps are you seeing with your current setup?
I currently have a Ryzen 7 5800x3d and a be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4, Asrock Steel Legend b550m and 32gb 3200MHz cl14 Ram. I have 7 case fans that are not the original ones but the SHARK Blades RGB. A good friend wants to give me the be quiet! Dark Rock Elite and he asked me if it fits in my case.
My CPU gets about 75°C when gaming and streaming. My main problem with the be quiet! Dark Rock Pro 4 is that if I want to remove it, I have to remove my graphics card to get to it, which is not the case with the be quiet! Dark Rock Elite. My second thought is that I would like to upgrade to the Ryzen 9000 series in the distant future, depending on how the series turns out. My main qustion is if it would fit because of tha data that I described in my main post.
Thanks for the answer.