[SOLVED] Dark Rock Pro 4 compatibility

Ejaay-_-

Reputable
May 13, 2017
Hi,

Just planning to buy the be quiet! - Dark Rock Pro 4 next month and I'm wondering if there will be any issues (fitting/sizes) with my current setup, I'm not planning on Overclocking the CPU. The temp of my CPU is jumping from 45-60degree with Gammaxx 300 and it's idling at 50 degrees IDK why that's why I wanna upgrade.

here are the specs:
MSI B350M Mortar
AMD Ryzen 5 3600
2x8 DDr4 (the ram is currently on the 2nd and 4th slot)

cooler master nr600 case
I do have 2 fans on top and 1 on the rear

or if you have any recommendations/alternative other than Dark rock pro 4 would be appreciated. I do have some list let me know if any of these are good.

Cryorig H7
Hyper 212 Black Edition/ LED Turbo/ Spectrum
Be Quiet! DARK ROCK 4

greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
Solution
D
jumping from 45-60degree with Gammaxx 300 and it's idling at 50 degrees IDK why that's why
That's because of how Ryzen behaves. It's not an Intel.

Intels will lower all cores speeds and voltages at idle, but any processes and services in the background get split up amongst all the cores. So any 1 core is just slightly hotter than the rest, and that low load temp is what you see. It doesn't bounce much because it's only one service on one core, rotating.

Ryzen 3xxx is different. It puts all cores to sleep except the preferred core, which remains active. All services and processes get concentrated on that core, so instead of having just one service starting like on Intel, you'll have ten services starting on one core, with all...
D

Deleted member 2720853

jumping from 45-60degree with Gammaxx 300 and it's idling at 50 degrees IDK why that's why

Intels will lower all cores speeds and voltages at idle, but any processes and services in the background get split up amongst all the cores. So any 1 core is just slightly hotter than the rest, and that low load temp is what you see. It doesn't bounce much because it's only one service on one core, rotating.

Ryzen 3xxx is different. It puts all cores to sleep except the preferred core, which remains active. All services and processes get concentrated on that core, so instead of having just one service starting like on Intel, you'll have ten services starting on one core, with all that load heat accumulated.

Your whole cpu is NOT bouncing 40C to 60C, it's just one core that's doing all the background work, the rest are disabled.

Getting a new cooler won't stop this ""issue"", but if you want to, go ahead. Just make sure to modify fan curves so your CPU cooler doesn't go from 20% speed to 80% speed randomly.

The Dark Rock Pro 4 will fit in the Cooler Master NR600.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Ejaay-_-
Solution

Ejaay-_-

Reputable
May 13, 2017

Ryzen 3xxx is different. It puts all cores to sleep except the preferred core, which remains active. All services and processes get concentrated on that core, so instead of having just one service starting like on Intel, you'll have ten services starting on one core, with all that load heat accumulated.

Your whole cpu is NOT bouncing 40C to 60C, it's just one core that's doing all the background work, the rest are disabled.

Getting a new cooler won't stop this ""issue"", but if you want to, go ahead. Just make sure to modify fan curves so your CPU cooler doesn't go from 20% speed to 80% speed randomly.

The Dark Rock Pro 4 will fit in the Cooler Master NR600.

Thank you so much for explaining, I was kinda worried since I just got this CPU (upgrade from 2200g) last Friday, I might just buy the Hyper 212 LED Turbo then if the "issue" is still the same. Is 212 still good for this CPU? since this is the cheapest on our market right now (just for browsing and gaming and all?

D

Deleted member 2720853

Thank you so much for explaining, I was kinda worried since I just got this CPU (upgrade from 2200g) last Friday, I might just buy the Hyper 212 LED Turbo then if the "issue" is still the same. Is 212 still good for this CPU? since this is the cheapest on our market right now (just for browsing and gaming and all?
Honestly your current cooler is fine. Even the stock cooler is fine.

The Hyper 212 will also be okay.

TRENDING THREADS