Dec 1, 2015
Hello!

Could you kindly help me. MY PC
2700x
Asus rog strix b450-e
corsair 16 gb @ ~2100
m2 ssd
BeQuiet 750 w PSU platinum

So I've installed NZXT Z63 and now I can't play games.. During random time game crashes, screen goes black (most of time, not always, I can hear game still goes on). Screen on nzxt also goes off.

It started exactly after installation. I've played witcher 3 for few hours, than crashes started. Tried borderlands3 - could not even start the game

I've ran HWinfo in the moment of crash - in 12v it shows 9.973. Does it mean psu is the problem? Z63 requers beefier psu?

What should I do, could you help...

Solution
Well, ram is least of my concerns right now) i do not understand why such crashes happen..
It is not psu and it is not thermals - cpu is less than 50 degrees and gpu is less than 70..

How z63 aio can affect it? Maybe because it has built in display it requires more power?
I'm really lost here.

I once run witcher 3 for quite some time on 4k monitor. And it crashed similary.. but cam soft showed more than 80 degrees one moment - it was very hot

But now it is relatevely cool
Once try testing the psu with a multimeter... the wattage required for the setup is fine... Now the psu may be faulty as 9 v on 12v line is too low...
Sounds like overheating. Are your thermals for your CPU looking fine?
How old is ur PSU?

I'd reinstall the cooler and reapply thermal paste to see if that makes any difference.

I do not think that the PSU is the one causing this since it is a good unit 750W is more than enough for that build but a malfunction in a psu is always a possibility.

Wintet_nights_

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
Sounds like overheating. Are your thermals for your CPU looking fine?
How old is ur PSU?

I'd reinstall the cooler and reapply thermal paste to see if that makes any difference.

I do not think that the PSU is the one causing this since it is a good unit 750W is more than enough for that build but a malfunction in a psu is always a possibility.
Thank you very much for your answer. But that is the thing. I've reinstallen cooler (z63) today - with new pre-applied thermo paste. Problems started after that...
If we beleive nzxt soft - temps are
~45 for cpu
~69 for gpu in the moments of crash

Sometimes I cant even start the game - it crashes upon loading..

Wintet_nights_

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
If it helps, i've had strange thinga while trying to oc ram. When i set 3200mhz (it is the speed of the units) with docp standart, upon restarting pc won't turn on properly - it stars (fans etc) then shuts down, repeats proccess 2-3 times, only than boots properly

the voltage readings in bios is fine.... overclocking it to 3200 from 2133 is quite a lot... u can try ryzen dram calculator for proper settings and then go from there...
Best way to check the psu wud be using a multimeter...

Wintet_nights_

Reputable
Dec 1, 2015
the voltage readings in bios is fine.... overclocking it to 3200 from 2133 is quite a lot... u can try ryzen dram calculator for proper settings and then go from there...
Well, ram is least of my concerns right now) i do not understand why such crashes happen..
It is not psu and it is not thermals - cpu is less than 50 degrees and gpu is less than 70..

How z63 aio can affect it? Maybe because it has built in display it requires more power?
I'm really lost here.

I once run witcher 3 for quite some time on 4k monitor. And it crashed similary.. but cam soft showed more than 80 degrees one moment - it was very hot

I'm really lost here.

Once try testing the psu with a multimeter... the wattage required for the setup is fine... Now the psu may be faulty as 9 v on 12v line is too low...

Solution