[SOLVED] DCP Watchdog Violation BSOD after installing new ram into system

krazypasta

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
Hi all,
Recently I purchased 2x8gb of 3200mhz ram (tforce vulcan z) to install into my PC as an upgrade from one stick of 8gb 2400mhz ram. I have been having frequent bsods, all with the error code DPC_Watchdog_Violation. I have done all the basic things: chkdsk, sfc scan, memory diagnosis, updated IDE ATA/ATAPI controller drivers, updated network drivers and even gpu drivers. I have tried to hard reset windows but it BSODs when I try to select a network to connect to during the actual setup of the OS. I am stumped. I cannot tell whether this a hardware or software issue and wtf I need to do in order to fix it.
PC specs are as follow:

• Ryzen 5 2400g,
  • GTX 1660,
  • MSI B450m Pro-m2,
  • Sk Hynix 128gb ssd (windows 10 is installed here)
  • Western Digital blue 500gb mechanical hdd.
  • 2x8gb ddr4 tforce dark vulcan z memory
Any help or advice would be greatly appreciated.

Solution
DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility issues, or system files are corrupted.

Is the ram a kit that is listed as compatible on your motherboard memory QVL?

SteveRX4

Notable
BANNED
Sep 29, 2020
DPC Watchdog Violation (error code: DPC_Watchdog_Violation) is a common issue in the Windows operating system. It's occurred due to some specific reasons, like unsupported SSD firmware, old SSD driver version, hardware incompatibility issues, or system files are corrupted.

Is the ram a kit that is listed as compatible on your motherboard memory QVL?

Solution

krazypasta

Prominent
Feb 21, 2019
Thanks for the reply Steve, in terms of my mobo being on the QVL list I do believe it is. I also know that the motherboard supports 3200mhz so I feel like it should be working just fine in that sense. Regarding the SSD firmware you might be onto something there, my ssd is fairly old, around 4 years of frequent use. However there is something interesting.. whenever I try to connect to the internet it always happens, so it could potentially be to do with my wifi adapter.