Anilkumar247

Reputable
Oct 21, 2015
HI all
Would like to know if there are DDR 5 RAM's.
If yes, more info please
If No, then any info related to launch or talks about DDR 5

Another issue is , i have a G skill 8 GB 2133 RAM, but when ever i check, its showing only 1067MHZ in system checking apps. How to check the correct speeed, and are there ways to use it to max .

Thanks

Solution
First question, there's no DDR5 RAM and talks about it are just some distant plans from manufacturers but I have no doubt they are working on it. As it is, even DDR4 is at it's infancy.
Second issue: It's DDR (double Data Rate) so whatever you see in applications like CPU-Z you have to multiply by 2 to get effective frequency.

Lodocarbo

Reputable
Jul 4, 2016
The latest standard for RAM is DDR4, DDR5 exist just for graphics processors (GPUs) and is called GDDR5, the normal clock of a DDR4 RAM is 2133 MHz, with oc XMP profiles up to ~3800 MHz.
What tipe of RAM do you have DDR3 or DDR4? To display your RAM just enter the BIOS/UEFI and check under Frequency settings. Hope it helps :D

First question, there's no DDR5 RAM and talks about it are just some distant plans from manufacturers but I have no doubt they are working on it. As it is, even DDR4 is at it's infancy.
Second issue: It's DDR (double Data Rate) so whatever you see in applications like CPU-Z you have to multiply by 2 to get effective frequency.

Solution