DDR motherboard !!

Page 2 - Seeking answers? Join the Tom's Hardware community: where nearly two million members share solutions and discuss the latest tech.
G

Hrm...what are the odds I can run my green meanie tbird 750 at 133 fsb on a kt7 raid? :p

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
"i bought PC-2100 DDR memory and a DDR capable SocketA board" ...edges

Really? I'm sure we all would like to find out where you bought them and how much they set you back!

G

The MB was the IWill KA266R which I found at www.adamant.com...paid $207. Built-in IDE RAID... I'm intending to do a RAID 0+1 system.

The memory was from AccessMicro.com, Zeus PC2100 DDR, 256Meg stick, $379. This was the first thing I bought, thinking it would be the memory that would be hard to get hold of. I may well end up kicking myself as the prices come down...especially if it is a month before I can get the friggin processor and have a working system, and the price of drops a lot in that time.

pvsurfer

Distinguished
Jan 4, 2001
edges - thanks for the info. While I never heard of Zeus memory, hopefully it's good stuff. IMHO, I don't think we will see PC2100 prices come down dramatically until more memory manufacturers ramp up to produce it. I hope the IWill KA266R works out for you. So far everything I've read about it's ALiMAGIC 1 DDR chipset hasn't been anything to shout about. Let us know how it performs!