Solution
DDR3L is just the same ram that uses less power than normal ram. Newer processors require less power to run and they also require the ram use less power or else it might lessen the life of the processor. Its not too much of a problem. One thing I did with my own computer when I bought a Skylake processor was use the old ram but tested it out a bit with the ram running lower volts. My old ram did just fine using lower volts so I didn't bother buying DDR3L.

Geef

Distinguished
DDR3L is just the same ram that uses less power than normal ram. Newer processors require less power to run and they also require the ram use less power or else it might lessen the life of the processor. Its not too much of a problem. One thing I did with my own computer when I bought a Skylake processor was use the old ram but tested it out a bit with the ram running lower volts. My old ram did just fine using lower volts so I didn't bother buying DDR3L.

Solution
as above the voltage is key, if a processor requires DDR3L then it's memory controller may not be built to withstand 1.5V, so using DDR3 will either fry the memory controller or will lead the the ram running at a lower volatge, some will work, some won't, some will only work slower.