Question DDR4 Memory Problems

oggyphillips

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2015
X570 + 3700x
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 3600
Part Number: CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

Hi Everyone,

I've got quite a strange memory problem, hopefully you can help me.

I had my ram OC to 3733, with the main timings reduced by -1.
I've had my Memory running like this for over a year now.

Recently I added another spare fan to my PC. Eversince, i've been unable to boot with my BIOS preset. Even with Default XMP settings for the memory. (3600mhz)
I've managed to boot into windows, underclocking the ram to 3200mhz, been running fine for about 2 weeks. I performed a windows memory test under 3200 which passed.

I removed the said spare fan & tried the 2 other memory slots in the PC, and this issue persits. Can't get it running with default XMP eversince...
I dont understand what's happened here, and dont know how a spare fan can cause a memory problem like this.

Is my memory slowly dying?

Thank you for your comments.

X570 + 3700x
Memory: Corsair Vengeance LPX 2x8 3600
Part Number: CMK16GX4M2D3600C18

Hi Everyone,

I've got quite a strange memory problem, hopefully you can help me.

I had my ram OC to 3733, with the main timings reduced by -1.
I've had my Memory running like this for over a year now.

Recently I added another spare fan to my PC. Eversince, i've been unable to boot with my BIOS preset. Even with Default XMP settings for the memory. (3600mhz)
I've managed to boot into windows, underclocking the ram to 3200mhz, been running fine for about 2 weeks. I performed a windows memory test under 3200 which passed.

I removed the said spare fan & tried the 2 other memory slots in the PC, and this issue persits. Can't get it running with default XMP eversince...
I dont understand what's happened here, and dont know how a spare fan can cause a memory problem like this.

Is my memory slowly dying?

Thank you for your comments.
What voltage did you use? What is your corsair ver. number? it's on the sticker label on the ram sticks itself. Could you also share zentimings read here.

oggyphillips

Distinguished
Feb 15, 2015
What voltage did you use? What is your corsair ver. number? it's on the sticker label on the ram sticks itself. Could you also share zentimings read here.

I've always kept it at 1.35v

This is the default XMP settings with downclock from 3600 to 3200 - It fails to boot at 3600

I would need to remove my cooler in order to get to the memory easily, would this be ok?

memory-real.png

zen.png