fatboys

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011
Hello,
It's Dead...The sys I put together 10 months ago is dead. nothing happens when the power button. I have an MSI KA780G mother board with 2gb of DDR2 at 800. processor is a AMD Phenom. This worked very well for me since it first started. No overclocking. I have so far changed the power supply for one known to be good and I noticed that with the ATX 4 pin power connector unpluged from the mother board the CPU fan will come on along with the case fan and the power supply fan. With the ATX connector in nothing happens. checked voltage on this plug and it is 12v just like it should be. Do I have a burned motherboard, cpu or both?

fatboys

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

Thanks, I have everything unpluged MB has a clear c-mos button that I used but I will pull the battery next and try again. only have one stick of ram I'll make sure its seated properly.

Well that made no diff nothing with the cpu power plug in fans come on with it out

fatboys

Distinguished
Dec 3, 2011

moved the memory to a new slot, case conns are correct worked for 10 months. Motherboard has its own power and reset buttons also a clear c moss button. Same prob. no fans total dead remove the 4 pin atx power plug and I get fans and active power supply