[SOLVED] Dead pixel?

ianhuysman

Honorable
Sep 23, 2015
This weird blck dot appeared on my screen, and it has some black "glow" to it.
Here's some pictures I took, one being zoomed in a lot to show each individual pixel. To me it does not look like a pixel that's dead.
YFMpWYr.jpg

Y71W8IW.jpg

Solution
That does look like a pixel that's dead or at the very least some failure on the panel/display. I had a display like that and I noticed that the issue only grew before I got it RMA'd. To note, if you want to rule it out as a dead pixel, see if the dot is black on a white background and white on a black background.

You can conversely try and use DDU, then reinstall the GPU drivers with the latest version(manually)to rule out faulty drivers being the root of the issue. Prior to the drivers, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update.

Make and model of the panel?

Lutfij

Titan
That does look like a pixel that's dead or at the very least some failure on the panel/display. I had a display like that and I noticed that the issue only grew before I got it RMA'd. To note, if you want to rule it out as a dead pixel, see if the dot is black on a white background and white on a black background.

You can conversely try and use DDU, then reinstall the GPU drivers with the latest version(manually)to rule out faulty drivers being the root of the issue. Prior to the drivers, make sure you're on the latest BIOS update.

Reactions: ianhuysman
Solution

ianhuysman

Honorable
Sep 23, 2015

Thanks for the reply! And the pixel was not black on a some white background, but on others it was.
Made me almost certain it's a software thing, so after giving DDU a try it was gone.

I don't know where it came from or how it happened, but I guess it's fixed now.