[SOLVED] Decent Down/up speeds, doubled the ping in games after switching to Ethernet

Bigi_dookieping

Prominent
Jun 1, 2020
Hello. This question might have been asked too many times already, but I still couldn't find a solution for mine, because mine's unique from others.
The main problem with my internet connection is that when I first changed to Ethernet, I saw vast improvements in down/up AND my ping got decreased significantly in games.

Only lasted for a week though. :(

After the first week passed, my ping doubled but down/up (100mbps) stood the same. I reset my Router settings back to factory defaults, my cable (cat 6) is NOT defective, my local ISP is the highest quality available here.

Another problem with my internet in games (especially in Rainbow Six: Siege), it redirects me straight to NA servers like they're default, instead of EU (where I am at the moment). Same thing goes for Counter-Strike:Global offensive, where I play with NA ping on EU servers.
The last things that could help me are probably calling my ISP and/or Searching in PC settings, but I don't know how to solve the problem using either one of these. Could you please help me? Maybe it could also be in-game settings, but it's happening to me in every game.

Note: I checked on different speed testing sites as well. My ping was as bad as in games, but down/up speed was always 80-100.

Solution
What is the ping time to your router. I suspect it is likely near 1ms. If it was software in your PC you would see the delays between your pc and your router.

You only have 1 path for your data. You send it to your router which sends it to the ISP. You have no control of anything past that.

You could run things like tracert to try to find the place that the latency increases but there is nothing you can really do to change it if it is far into the network.

Your only real option is to get a better ISP that has better latency to the servers. Most people this is not a option. You might if you are really lucky find a VPN provider that has better times. A vpn in theory should always make your connection slower but...
What is the ping time to your router. I suspect it is likely near 1ms. If it was software in your PC you would see the delays between your pc and your router.

You only have 1 path for your data. You send it to your router which sends it to the ISP. You have no control of anything past that.

You could run things like tracert to try to find the place that the latency increases but there is nothing you can really do to change it if it is far into the network.

Your only real option is to get a better ISP that has better latency to the servers. Most people this is not a option. You might if you are really lucky find a VPN provider that has better times. A vpn in theory should always make your connection slower but in some rare cases your ISP may have good connectivity to the VPN service but not the game service. In these cases the VPN company may have a better path to game company. Not likely but when you are desperate you try things.

Solution