Jan 13, 2020
Hey,

I'm not super techy my knowledge begins and end and unplugging it then plugging it back in so I'll just say sorry in advance if I leave out any info that would be helpful for resolving this problem. I'm having some issue with my internet connection being slow (google fiber), and I think it may be related to packet loss. When I open up the windows powershell and ping my default gateway it runs saying,
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.
General failure.

Packets sent = 4, Received = 0, Lost = 4 (100% Loss).

It doesn't make any difference being connect via wifi or ethernet cable I get the same results either way. The packet loss only seems to be an issue with my default gateway because when I ping google's DNS Servers I can send 4 and receive 4 with 0% loss.

The only suggestions I have been able to find online that could help is to run "netsh int ip reset" then restart my computer, however that didn't fix the problem.

I am able to turn on a vpn and ping my default gateway then get a 0% loss, but it doesn't fix the issues that I'm having with my internet connection. Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix this problem? I'm not sure if this is an issue with the network settings on my end that I need to fix, or if I should have my landlord call our isp.