[SOLVED] Delete Windows defender folder

cediegamotin

Reputable
Jan 20, 2018
Hi guys, I tried everything to disable win defender, gpeedit, its own settings, but still MsMpEng.exe is still running, I want to remove this Antimalware Executable and delete the entire folder

Solution
It's part of Windows. You can't just "delete" it, or you'll bork the whole Windows installation up and have to reinstall.

There IS a way to fully disable it, but unless you are running another antivirus or antimalware utility it is a very bad idea. Why are you trying to disable it, and what are you running instead of it?
It's part of Windows. You can't just "delete" it, or you'll bork the whole Windows installation up and have to reinstall.

There IS a way to fully disable it, but unless you are running another antivirus or antimalware utility it is a very bad idea. Why are you trying to disable it, and what are you running instead of it?

Solution

cediegamotin

Reputable
Jan 20, 2018

I don't want to run any antivirus at all, and sometimes windows 10 defender takes up 2gb of my RAM