Question Deleted wrong partition in win install.

cube10025

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2016
I deleted all the partitions in the wrong hard drive in win install, I have not written anything to the disk.
Tried to recover the partitions or just the files, I can find the partitions using recovery programs but its empty or just damaged files.

Do win 10 installer corrupts the files when deleting the partitions? Dose anyone know a recovery program that will work better with win. Tried Lazesoft Recovery Suite and EaseUS... Thanks.

USAFRet

Titan
I deleted all the partitions in the wrong hard drive in win install, I have not written anything to the disk.
Tried to recover the partitions or just the files, I can find the partitions using recovery programs but its empty or just damaged files.

Do win 10 installer corrupts the files when deleting the partitions? Dose anyone know a recovery program that will work better with win. Tried Lazesoft Recovery Suite and EaseUS... Thanks.
  1. If you tried those applications with no success, you are almost certainly out of luck.
  2. This is why we continually harp on having only the one target drive connected during an OS install like this.

cube10025

Distinguished
Sep 6, 2016
So what have you done since this 'deletion'?
As much detail as you can give us.
I have several ssd I deleted all the partition on drive 1 but notice that its the wrong disk so installed on drive 2 instead figured just repairing drive 1 later. So I left drive 1 with unallocated space.
After the install on drive 2, running the programs on drive 1 with unallocated space but no avail.