When I start my computer, I get a vicious cycle, safe mode, starting normal,
restore, nothing works, the computer simply restarts and the same screen
appears( safe mode, restore, normal, last working, etc.). I can hit F12 and
get into the Welcome Windows section, but I can't enter "I accept" by hitting
the F8 key. Page up & down works, but the F8 doesn't.
How can I delete the hard drive so I can install window xp again?
Very Frustrating!

Me again.

If you want to do a complete reformat and reinstall (including ALL your
programs) which means you will loose all your data and settings then
set your BIOS to boot via your CD first, place your XP CD in the drive
,then reboot, you may have to press a key after the POST message, then
follow the prompts. Remember if you do this ALL is gone. You may like
to try my earlier suggestion first, at least that should allow you to
recover your data.

Many keyboards have an F-Lock key that will keep your "normal" F-Key
functions disabled until you press F-Lock. Press it first. Then try it to
use F8.

--
Regards,

Richard Urban
Microsoft MVP Windows Shell/User

Quote from: George Ankner
"If you knew as much as you think you know,