Jan 29, 2021
The Computer black screened after a session of playing games, it was cleaned before its turned back on
according to my brother the Bios Splash screen was normal when he turned it on in the morning

I tried to turn the computer on after the cleaning, during cleaning i removed the Processor from its socket and blow air on it, after that i Replaced the Thermal paste for the Processor

Turning on the computer displayed no Bios Splash screen, only this
iH19m8G.jpg

After that screen, this screen appeared
GoWkeaE.jpg

I Tried to set the time and then i pressed F1 to continue
but instead of a Windows Startup, this appeared
fwQsrcW.jpg

i am able to move the mouse, and if i press Enter the screen turned darker and then just black screen and nothing else.

Computer Spec
Dell Optiplex 980
Core i5-650
Dell Optiplex 980 Mobo (Prob OEM board)
4gbx2 DDR3 Kingston Memory
Radeon HD7750 Graphics card
Windows 10 64 bit
Bios ver A05
305 watt Dell Original OEM PSU

There was no beep that is Indication Ram/Processor Problem

I also did try to replace the Bios Battery, the Bios Splash screen still didnt appear

Solution
The Computer black screened after a session of playing games, it was cleaned before its turned back on
according to my brother the Bios Splash screen was normal when he turned it on in the morning

I tried to turn the computer on after the cleaning, during cleaning i removed the Processor from its socket and blow air on it, after that i Replaced the Thermal paste for the Processor

iH19m8G.jpg

GoWkeaE.jpg

fwQsrcW.jpg

i am able to move the mouse...

iH19m8G.jpg

GoWkeaE.jpg

fwQsrcW.jpg

i am able to move the mouse, and if i press Enter the screen turned darker and then just black screen and nothing else.

Computer Spec
Dell Optiplex 980
Core i5-650
Dell Optiplex 980 Mobo (Prob OEM board)
4gbx2 DDR3 Kingston Memory
Radeon HD7750 Graphics card
Windows 10 64 bit
Bios ver A05
305 watt Dell Original OEM PSU

There was no beep that is Indication Ram/Processor Problem

I also did try to replace the Bios Battery, the Bios Splash screen still didnt appear
Looks like windows are screwed up.
Since battery was taken out BIOS was reset to default factory settings, that's why you had to set it up again.

Reactions: Dr. Seno
Solution