Dell hard drive replacement

Ole

Just thought I would relate the experience I had with Dell last week.

The hard drive in my Dell Gen 3 gave up the ghost last week and died
completely. I called Dell support and they had me do some dianostics
over the phone.

After completion of the diagnostics she said that the hard drive had
indeed failed and Dell would send out a technician to replace it with a
new one. The next day I received a call from the tech who had arrived
in town with the new drive and needed directions to my home.

He arrived shortly, replaced the drive and got me up and running in
about an hour.

The impressive part of this story is that the Dell technician had driven
165 miles one way from Duluth, MN, a total of 330 miles to replace the
drive.

I must say that I am really impressed with Dell Service in this matter.

BigJim

yep they are far to thin but if one is not busy the service is good
"Ole" <ole@sealake.com> wrote in message news:WP%Ke.2329$F_7.817@fe06.lga...
> Just thought I would relate the experience I had with Dell last week.
>
> The hard drive in my Dell Gen 3 gave up the ghost last week and died
> completely. I called Dell support and they had me do some dianostics over
> the phone.
>
> After completion of the diagnostics she said that the hard drive had
> indeed failed and Dell would send out a technician to replace it with a
> new one. The next day I received a call from the tech who had arrived in
> town with the new drive and needed directions to my home.
>
> He arrived shortly, replaced the drive and got me up and running in about
> an hour.
>
> The impressive part of this story is that the Dell technician had driven
> 165 miles one way from Duluth, MN, a total of 330 miles to replace the
> drive.
>
> I must say that I am really impressed with Dell Service in this matter.

Larry

Distinguished
Dec 31, 2007

That is the results that I got when I had a problem. Dell's service
does indeed work! Even in North Dakota where the distances between
communities is greater than anywhere. Same day service is not
unusual.

Larry