Question Dell Inspirion SDD install problem

Aug 11, 2024
Hi Folks: I have had this laptop a long time. It’s been running excruciatingly slow. I am trying to extend it’s life. I bought a new 4 Tb SSD to replace current HDD. I also bought a new 256 gb mSATA disk to use as boot disk for windows only. I uninstalled HDD, reinstalled SSD and also installed mSATA drive with no issues.

I started windows 10 reinstall from USB drive it went through entire setup process fine. Both the mSATA and SSD showed as recognized and available to load windows on. I selected mSATA it finished its work, rebooted and Windows 10 came up fine; however file manager no longer recognizes the large SSD. I read where the mSATA drive had to be set to UFEI and no protection. I went into settings and it was already set correctly. It also suggested that I disable security, which i did. Now it does not boot into windows butcomes up to setup screen immediately on reboot but i cannot access boot order or much else on menu.

I would really very much appreciate your knowledge and help. I know this is a little long. Thanks for reading. Im a little stumped.

Thank you