[SOLVED] Dell Latitude 7275 problem

Status
Not open for further replies.
Sep 8, 2019
I've got such a strange problem I'm not even sure where to post my question. I've always found help here before so here goes. I have a Dell Latitude 7275 2-in-1 laptop. In an effort to try and get the pen to work again I installed Windows 7 on it. That has caused so many problems. The wireless network was not detected and I can't find a way to get anything loaded onto the computer. No USB drive I put in it is detected. The only ports are a SD card and 2 USB 3.0. I'm guessing there's no driver for USB either because nothing is recognized, not even a mouse. I've put Windows 10 on a SD card and tried to install it by booting of the card but the internal hard drive is never detected, regardless whether I burn Win10 on the SD card as MBR (UEFI-CSM) or GPT (UEFI non CSM) using Rufus. There's no way I can find to remove the internal hard drive and copy drivers to it that way. If I could just copy Win10 setup files to the hard drive I could probably install it. Or even just a wireless network driver then I copy get it on my local network.
Any suggestions?

Here's some info. on the system when it Windows 10 on it.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/FXDYS9pV2PjiS1Yc9

Here's a photo of the laptop.
https://photos.app.goo.gl/LGmQE53DeUAm6yGj9

Solution
The USB ports should work regardless of the OS. Get a bootable Windows 10 installation USB flash drive and get the computer to boot from it.

If you need to get into the bios you'll need a USB keyboard plugged in - that should also work. As I said, the USB is independent of the OS at boot time. F12 will get you to bios on any Dell.

If you cannot get this to work then I am thinking you should remove and wipe the SSD..

2 options form here:
1) put it back in blank - the bios should look for the next bootable device and hopefully see your bootable USB stick and boot from that. ELSE

2) install windows on the SSD on another machine and then transplant it back in - I've done this a few times across different types of machines - windows is...
There are no Windows 7 drivers for that unit. It ships/shipped with either Windows 8.1 or 10. No Windows 7 drivers were developed. Unless you deleted it there should be a hidden partition with the installation image on it. If not you should be able to obtain it from Dell, for a price.

Oct 8, 2019
The USB ports should work regardless of the OS. Get a bootable Windows 10 installation USB flash drive and get the computer to boot from it.

If you need to get into the bios you'll need a USB keyboard plugged in - that should also work. As I said, the USB is independent of the OS at boot time. F12 will get you to bios on any Dell.

If you cannot get this to work then I am thinking you should remove and wipe the SSD..

2 options form here:
1) put it back in blank - the bios should look for the next bootable device and hopefully see your bootable USB stick and boot from that. ELSE

2) install windows on the SSD on another machine and then transplant it back in - I've done this a few times across different types of machines - windows is smart enough to fix itself.

The short of it is that all USB's should be visible on boot and from within bios. This is native capability of the bios firmware.
Cheers

Solution
Status
Not open for further replies.