Dell online ordering experience

I ordered a 4600 on the Small Business website on Wednesday, 3/31 around 1pm
EST. I immediately received a "Dell Order Acknowledgement". Great I
thought. The message also said:

Within the next two business days, you should receive a confirmation
e-mail that includes your:
- order number
- customer number
- estimated ship date
- final purchase amount (including tax, shipping and
handling)

So that meant that I should have received my confirmation email by midday on
Friday. Well I recieved nothing. I'll give them a little bit more time I
thought. Monday comes and goes, still nothing.

So finally on Tuesday I forward the original "Dell Order Acknowledgement" to
the email address contained in the mail message asking them what was up with
my order.

I received a response back that stated:

Thank you for the courtesy of your order!!!

Our sales representatives are working on your order and you would
receive the order confirmation soon. We have also escalated the issue to
the concerned department.

If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.

Regards,

Dell Inc.
E-Business Sales Division

Then lower and meant for somebody else it says:

Hi,

Please assist the customer

Order Group Information xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx. Please
email the order confirmation to the follwoing address:
<email-address>

Thank you!!!

Shortly there after I received my confirmation email. However it contained
no estimated ship date. So I check Dell's website for the info and it says
"April 19 - April 21".

So the order confirmation comes only after I prompt them with email (twice
as long as stated). Who knows when I would have gotten it had I waited.
Then a ship date 3 weeks after it was ordered! Now this is a pretty run of
the mill 4600 without a monitor. Hopefully the ship date is not accurate.
Will post back when it actually does arrive.

Having read some postings in here about how everything happens so quickly I
was rather disappointed in Dell's performance to date. I hope things
improve and I get the system sooner than 4 weeks after it was ordered.

Then I'll have to deal with the rebate and I hope that is more timely than
my current experience.

Douglas

Just be aware,that is an "estimated" shipping date! It could ship the next
day,or in 2 months.Most times my orders come well before the shipping
estimate.I have even recieved "delayed" notices a week after I had my
order.DELL really needs to use computers to keep their orders in order!They
have good systems,but are very poor at running the buisness.If you check
resellerratings .com you can see what I mean.
"Tony Graham" <tgraham@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I ordered a 4600 on the Small Business website on Wednesday, 3/31 around
1pm
> EST. I immediately received a "Dell Order Acknowledgement". Great I
> thought. The message also said:
>
> Within the next two business days, you should receive a confirmation
> e-mail that includes your:
> - order number
> - customer number
> - estimated ship date
> - final purchase amount (including tax, shipping and
> handling)
>
> So that meant that I should have received my confirmation email by midday
on
> Friday. Well I recieved nothing. I'll give them a little bit more time I
> thought. Monday comes and goes, still nothing.
>
> So finally on Tuesday I forward the original "Dell Order Acknowledgement"
> the email address contained in the mail message asking them what was up
with
> my order.
>
> I received a response back that stated:
>
> Thank you for the courtesy of your order!!!
>
> Our sales representatives are working on your order and you would
> receive the order confirmation soon. We have also escalated the issue
> the concerned department.
>
> If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dell Inc.
> E-Business Sales Division
>

> Then lower and meant for somebody else it says:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please assist the customer
>
> Order Group Information xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx. Please
> email the order confirmation to the follwoing address:
> <email-address>
>
> Thank you!!!
>
> Shortly there after I received my confirmation email. However it
contained
> no estimated ship date. So I check Dell's website for the info and it
says
> "April 19 - April 21".
>
> So the order confirmation comes only after I prompt them with email (twice
> as long as stated). Who knows when I would have gotten it had I waited.
> Then a ship date 3 weeks after it was ordered! Now this is a pretty run
of
> the mill 4600 without a monitor. Hopefully the ship date is not accurate.
> Will post back when it actually does arrive.
>
> Having read some postings in here about how everything happens so quickly
> was rather disappointed in Dell's performance to date. I hope things
> improve and I get the system sooner than 4 weeks after it was ordered.
>
> Then I'll have to deal with the rebate and I hope that is more timely than
> my current experience.

Dell is notorious for shipping weeks earlier than stated. Chances are you'll
have the computer in the next few days. Best thing to do is log into your
Dell account and keep track of its progress... and even then its progress is
probably well past what they are reporting. Dell tends to lag on E-mail
notifications.

"Tony Graham" <tgraham@hotmail.com> wrote in message

> Having read some postings in here about how everything happens so quickly
> was rather disappointed in Dell's performance to date. I hope things
> improve and I get the system sooner than 4 weeks after it was ordered.

Interestingly, even though I ordered the system on 3/31, Dell's system shows
the system as being ordered on 4/6. If anybody at Dell is tracking this
process their data is bogus. Hopefully their ship date is just as wrong.

"Tony Graham" <tgraham@hotmail.com> wrote in message
> I ordered a 4600 on the Small Business website on Wednesday, 3/31 around
1pm
> EST. I immediately received a "Dell Order Acknowledgement". Great I
> thought. The message also said:
>
> Within the next two business days, you should receive a confirmation
> e-mail that includes your:
> - order number
> - customer number
> - estimated ship date
> - final purchase amount (including tax, shipping and
> handling)
>
> So that meant that I should have received my confirmation email by midday
on
> Friday. Well I recieved nothing. I'll give them a little bit more time I
> thought. Monday comes and goes, still nothing.
>
> So finally on Tuesday I forward the original "Dell Order Acknowledgement"
> the email address contained in the mail message asking them what was up
with
> my order.
>
> I received a response back that stated:
>
> Thank you for the courtesy of your order!!!
>
> Our sales representatives are working on your order and you would
> receive the order confirmation soon. We have also escalated the issue
> the concerned department.
>
> If you have any further queries, please feel free to contact us.
>
> Regards,
>
> Dell Inc.
> E-Business Sales Division
>

> Then lower and meant for somebody else it says:
>
> Hi,
>
> Please assist the customer
>
> Order Group Information xxx-xxx-xxxx-xxxx. Please
> email the order confirmation to the follwoing address:
> <email-address>
>
> Thank you!!!
>
> Shortly there after I received my confirmation email. However it
contained
> no estimated ship date. So I check Dell's website for the info and it
says
> "April 19 - April 21".
>
> So the order confirmation comes only after I prompt them with email (twice
> as long as stated). Who knows when I would have gotten it had I waited.
> Then a ship date 3 weeks after it was ordered! Now this is a pretty run
of
> the mill 4600 without a monitor. Hopefully the ship date is not accurate.
> Will post back when it actually does arrive.
>
> Having read some postings in here about how everything happens so quickly
> was rather disappointed in Dell's performance to date. I hope things
> improve and I get the system sooner than 4 weeks after it was ordered.
>
> Then I'll have to deal with the rebate and I hope that is more timely than
> my current experience.

On my recent order, the day I was to be emailed my tracking number for
shipment, it arrived at my door.
"Anything that doesn't kill you,,,,,,,just hurts a hell of a lot" JLP20