Dell Optiplex 7010 - GPU UPGRADE

johnypineda77

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018
Hello!

I was planning to upgrade my Dell Optiplex 7010 SFF. I just bought it from a friend and when i checked it, the specs are as follows:

i7 3770 - 3.4 gHz
Ram - 8gb
HD - 500gb
Graphics Card - AMD RADEON HD 7470

My only problem is that, the case looks small and I don't know if any GPU could fit in it since i'm going to upgrade my GPU. Could my PSU support upgrading my GPU?

What is the best GPU upgrade for my Dell 7010 SFF? I was planning to use my pc for gaming and editing.

I would really appreciate any suggestions, advices and guides! I am really a newbie in upgrading computers but i am really willing to learn more stuffs.

Oh and another question! Could my computer handle editing softwares like adobe premiere pro and adobe after effects? because I am starting to invest my time on editing.

Thank you for your time!

Solution
the difference in playing games is quite significant, for anything else, they are about the same.
As long as the card is low profile and has no additional power connectors, you can get it.
any of the following or similar from other manufacturers are the most powerful low profile cards
https://www.gigabyte.com/Graphics-Card/GV-N105TOC-4GL#kf
https://www.zotac.com/us/product/graphics_card/zotac-geforce-gtx-1050-ti-low-profile
those do not need much power so there is no problem with PSU as well.

Of course you can use it for editing. it's quite powerful machine with i7.
Though you might want to add more RAM as video editing can consume a lot (depending on what you doing).

johnypineda77

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018

Sorry for the late reply but Thank You for your reply! I have checked the graphics card you have suggested and I was wondering.. If I were to buy 1050ti Low profile, Should I choose Gigabyte or Zotac? What is the difference between their performance?

The GTX1050 series is at the limit of the 75W PCIe slot. So overclocking is risky unlees it has the 6 pin PCIe cable that requires a bigger PSU which doesn't exist for the SFF. So GTX 1050Ti cheaper the better. Don't waste money on dual fans, heat pipe coolers etc. The 7010 is EUFI compliant so I would get an EUFI rated card. The ZOTACs run in older computers so I think they're Legacy cards. MSI is more likely to be EUFI. I would ask though.

johnypineda77

Commendable
Feb 21, 2018
Hello! I checked my Local Store and found out that they only have GTX 1050 OC Gigabyte brand. Mind if I ask if I could use a GTX 1050 Oc Gigabyte instead? is there a major difference in using 1050 than 1050ti. Thanks for Answering!